95promgt - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 06-28-2016, 09:17 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Talking 95promgt

I have a 95 GT that I had an engine built for several years ago. We tried to have it chipped twice and had no success.,, I spent money on 3 different tuners and the car still surged, idle hunted, stalled and more. I heard about PRO-M Racing and contacted them. I was advised what system to buy and what 02 sensors to install. The system arrived and I opened the box and started the install . I'm not a tech guy so I had questions. I would email and call Chris Richards and every time he responded..... even on Sundays and evenings. After the system was installed, it ran but not well. On at least 4 occasions, Chris took my computer over, programmed, and made adjustments. It now runs perfect. I want to thank Chris Richards for his help and his patience. I'm going to start driving the car again after not driving it for nearly 2 years.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 06-30-2016, 06:07 PM

First post huh?

I hate to say this but for a system like Pro-M that supposedly can be installed on just about any car with just about any combination of parts and run as intended but not in your case this did not happen. Why? From all of the installs of the Pro-M I have read about on the Corral and Stangnet so far from what I can see is that 90% of the time there is something else wrong with the car from the get go.

Assuming the initial setup was correct in the first place. sure Chris made some changes to the tune and you finally have a car running "perfect" but this still sounds like many other Pro-M owners as well as other "Tuners". Tuned around the actual issue.

Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't this sound like another tune around an existing issue?

post #3 of 9 Old 06-30-2016, 06:50 PM
Corral Elite Member

Trader Feedback: (87)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICBM View Post
Assuming the initial setup was correct in the first place. sure Chris made some changes to the tune and you finally have a car running "perfect" but this still sounds like many other Pro-M owners as well as other "Tuners". Tuned around the actual issue.

Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't this sound like another tune around an existing issue?
Chris doesn't tune around issues, you makes you fix them. I've had this system longer than anyone and I find it easier to fix the issue than tuning around them.

849rwhp and 771rwtq SAE
ProCharger D1 and Snow Performance Water/Methanol
Pro-M Racing EMS

Last edited by Michael Plummer; 07-01-2016 at 05:01 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 07-01-2016, 08:26 AM

Trader Feedback: (1)
I didn't do any tuning at all. The owner was not very computer savvy, so I took control of his laptop remotely, and set up his wide band controllers, and watched as he set his fuel pressure, base idle speed, etc.

I then used the diagnostic capabilities of the system to verify that everything was OK, and found a small issue with his fuel supply system. Later, after he made the repair, I took over his laptop again and verified the repair.

I didn't tune around anything. I rarely do. If we find a problem, I always encourage the customer to fix the car the right way, rather than tune around a problem. The results are much better.

It is true that I spend quite a bit of time helping people fix their cars, despite the fact that their problems have nothing to do with anything we've sold to them. Lets keep in mind that these cars are very old now, and often have 20 plus years of problems and poor quality work.

Whats funny is the "kill the messenger" mentality some people have. Remember... Neither I, nor our products, screwed up your car. All we did was identify the problems you had long before we ever came along. I did however help you fix it.

And the only cost for these repairs is the price of the parts. I do not charge for diagnostic time, and there is no need to go spend money at the dyno trying to tune around the problems.

It's odd that some people think this is a bad thing... You can criticize me and my products for this if you'd like. I'll sleep well knowing that I just helped another person enjoy their car for the first time in years.
post #5 of 9 Old 07-01-2016, 09:44 AM

Trader Feedback: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro-M Racing View Post
I'll sleep well knowing that I just helped another person enjoy their car for the first time in years.
Wish I was savvy enough to operate a camera and post a video.
Until I cross that barrier, you'll just have to take my written word when I say I wish you could share the smile on my face when I drive my Pro-M EFI car!

1993 Teal Cobra #2531 1 of 452, 347, Precision 7675, The entire kitchen sink....maybe 2 kitchen sinks at this point!
post #6 of 9 Old 07-01-2016, 11:42 AM
Twin Screw

Trader Feedback: (3)
Garage
Did dave89lx get a 95gt?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Pushrod Twin Screw

[email protected]
post #7 of 9 Old 07-01-2016, 07:29 PM

Trader Feedback: (5)
I haven't seen a single complaint where the system was proven to have any issues...that's why I bought mine and I'm working on installing it as we speak. There is really not much to go wrong unless you have a sensor problem, wiring, data entry, or an engine problem.

ECU is a FoMoCo piece that runs in closed loop. Its a factory computer...probably made by Motorola and most likely used for many varieties of factory vehicles. Looks like there is a 3rd party tuning software letting you adjust the tune (which all appears it might be written by somebody with a strong relationship with Ford or maybe by Ford itself).

It may require a little tweaking I'm sure...but I'm guessing it will be far easier than most of the alternatives in terms up getting the car on the road the quickest. How many of you guys have had 100% of you parts bolt directly on your car without some modification?

I'll post my results in a few months when I get mine on the road. I just can't see myself having any issues unless I have one of the issues above...there really isn't much that can go wrong. I don't see factory cars sitting on the side of the road every day because their ECMs are having issues.

So far the only issue I had was my MIL power wire label didn't what was written in the instructions. Coincidentally, I emailed Chris about it today and he replied to both my emails within a few minutes.

I do think some of the documentation could be better...especially for the operation of the Nitrous controls (although its really not bad for anybody with some common sense). I'm planning on hitting Chris up with an email for this when I get around to it. Also, I could do it myself at this point, but a simple chart with the pinout, wire color, function, and polarity would be nice. Probably would have been cool to include all the videos for install and tuning on a DVD and shipped with the system.

I'm willing to bet there is more functionality to be had with the computer and the tuning software also, but it will likely be fine for me. Like mentioned earlier, I'll make a post when I get my truck up and running again.
post #8 of 9 Old 07-06-2016, 03:36 PM
Corral Elite Member

Trader Feedback: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICBM View Post
First post huh?
Lol...says the guy with 2 posts! Lol

1989 Saleen 414 358cid SBF 2.8L Kenne Bell S/C
26 X 8.5 Hoosier
Best 1/4 mile time 8.623 @ 159.82 mph with a 1.34 60' (5.57 1/8th at 128)
Best 1/8 mile time 5.339 @ 133.46 mph with a 1.29 60'
08' Bullitt #4097 N/A 340ish RWHP <<<<<FOR SALE!
post #9 of 9 Old 07-07-2016, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saleen414 View Post
Lol...says the guy with 2 posts! Lol
Actually I am on a new account as this site would not get my old account back up after numerous emails.

Anybody have a direct line with a real moderator here?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement