p - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 06-24-2016, 12:13 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (3)
Question Pro-m question---goes dead lean after revving engine

I'm just finishing up the install on my Pro-m EFI and am noticing one issue. If I quickly rev the engine and let off, the car goes completely lean and dies. Now, I haven't verified the tps voltage or the injector low slope rates. Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself but, could there be a setting/settings in the Pro-M software that may have to be adjusted?

Todd

New Combo: 95 GT Conv., Magnum T-76 turbo, Intercooled, PDP 1-5/8" Headers w/hotside components, 60# Injectors w/Pro-M MAF
70mm BBK TB, RHS 200 64cc heads w/1.6 rr's
RPM2 Intake, Custom Hyd. cam

Last edited by 1FUN50GT; 06-24-2016 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Corral had problems last night trying to post this...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 06-24-2016, 10:52 AM

Trader Feedback: (22)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FUN50GT View Post
I'm just finishing up the install on my Pro-m EFI and am noticing one issue. If I quickly rev the engine and let off, the car goes completely lean and dies. Now, I haven't verified the tps voltage or the injector low slope rates. Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself but, could there be a setting/settings in the Pro-M software that may have to be adjusted?

Todd
You answered your own question, you aren't having any issues, you failed to follow the instructions and now you are making a post about an issue that is being caused by you not following instructions. Read the instructions and watch the videos, if you continue to have issues contact Chris.

post #3 of 8 Old 06-24-2016, 11:52 AM Thread Starter

Don't get me wrong, as I'm not trying to place blame on the software. I was just simply asking a "what if question". That way once I finalize going thru the settings and IF I still have the issue, then I'd at least have an idea of what to look for.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 06-25-2016, 05:45 AM

Trader Feedback: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboLXstang View Post
You answered your own question, you aren't having any issues, you failed to follow the instructions and now you are making a post about an issue that is being caused by you not following instructions. Read the instructions and watch the videos, if you continue to have issues contact Chris.
If you knew the exact step that he failed to follow...why not just post it here? I'm sure it will help others in the future.

I can't argue with OP informing himself and maybe contacting Chris.
post #5 of 8 Old 06-25-2016, 04:12 PM

Trader Feedback: (6)
We are all hear to help.
When you blip the throttle, the car wants to return to idle.

Your low slope & TPS are both contributors to your idle.

You just got the Pro-M installed and you're excited! Hey, I've been there!!
It's all good! Just take a deep breath- you're only 10 minutes away from a whole new world!

I'm assume you have the MAF transfer? But did you pay the $100 for Pro-M to do all the data entry? It's important because all that data entry needs to be correct if we are going to trouble shoot. Not sure what injectors you are using, some are close to advertised. Some not so much.

-setup the Wide Bands according to the video

-Do the low slope and you have 2 ways to do it. Either the video from Pro-M or the Michael Plumber video way. Both work fine.

- watch the videos

- set the TPS

-set the fans if needed

- watch the videos

- Verify your base timing!

Get that done, and the internet can better help trouble shoot. As always, don't be afraid to call Chris any time, any day.

1993 Teal Cobra #2531 1 of 452, 347, Precision 7675, The entire kitchen sink....maybe 2 kitchen sinks at this point!
post #6 of 8 Old 06-25-2016, 07:35 PM Thread Starter

O.K. guys, i'm stumped on how to adjust the tps voltage. My car is coming up at 1.015 volts. How do you change this? The installation video does not actually tell how to change this. What am I missing???

New Combo: 95 GT Conv., Magnum T-76 turbo, Intercooled, PDP 1-5/8" Headers w/hotside components, 60# Injectors w/Pro-M MAF
70mm BBK TB, RHS 200 64cc heads w/1.6 rr's
RPM2 Intake, Custom Hyd. cam
post #7 of 8 Old 06-25-2016, 08:51 PM Thread Starter

Forgot to mention that yes, I paid to have pro-m enter the info. The only items I don't have done are: tps voltage & low injector slope.
post #8 of 8 Old 06-26-2016, 11:29 AM

Trader Feedback: (6)
It's ok, that's why we are here.

Simply unscrew the TPS slightly and twist it. There is enough play in the alignment holes to sweep the sensor.

1993 Teal Cobra #2531 1 of 452, 347, Precision 7675, The entire kitchen sink....maybe 2 kitchen sinks at this point!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement