WOT cutout with Holley EFI? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 05-27-2016, 06:45 PM Thread Starter
Corral Elite Member

Trader Feedback: (87)
Garage
WOT cutout with Holley EFI?

I just got all my Holley HP EFI stuff in for my 93 Coupe. I drive my cars a lot so it definitely has AC. Of course some of the AC wiring is going away with the factory EFI harness. I want to set it up just like it was factory, but integrated in with the Holley EFI. I can use one of my outputs to send a AC signal at a set RPM. This is how I'm planning on wiring up the AC WOT cutout relay to the Holley HP using a standard SPDT relay.

This would have power (positive) coming into the relay from the AC pressure switch to the common (30), negative from the Holley EFI on WOT to one side of the coil (86), and positive from switched 12volt to the other side of the coil (85). This would give power to the normally closed (87a) under non-WOT operation which would engage the AC clutch, and would open under WOT condition which in turn would disengage the AC clutch.

Mainly just wanting to confirm my wiring and see if everyone likes it or has a better way in mind. Thanks in advance!

One day the same people that doubt your dream will tell people how they met you!

Last edited by TxFireman1972; 05-27-2016 at 06:47 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-30-2016, 12:10 AM

Trader Feedback: (1)
I think that should work fine. When the Holley grounds the relay coil it will cut power to the compressor clutch.

1990 LX, HCI, S-trim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement