EZ EFI or FITECH or Stock Style?? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 02-23-2016, 05:37 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (13)
EZ EFI or FITECH or Stock Style??

I am building a 72 F100 with a 351W (AFR185 with a mild cam) and 5 speed. I am trying to decide what to do on EFI.

Choice #1
I have a Ford Racing harness and ECU (foxbody style) that I had planned on using but will require dyno tuning

Choice #2
I have access to the Fast EZ EFI 2.0 multiport setup but would need to buy a distributor and all of the sensor stuff to convert from GM over to my Ford engine. Seems as if the system is designed around GM stuff. Also seems tech support is not that great.

Choice #3
FITECH throttle body setup. Very easy install and setup plus reasonable price.

I know multiport is more efficient but for a "shop truck" type setup, getting the extra tenth out of it is not important. If it was your truck and it is a budget build, what would you do?

Barry

90 LX Triple Black Vert, 306, B303, Cobra 1.7 Roller Rockers, GT40 ported iron heads, Cobra intake, shorties, 65mm TB, 73mm C&L, 24lb injectors, Cobra front brakes, Lincoln rear discs, 3.55 gear, sub frame connectors, strut tower brace, Bilsteins and coilovers, Flowmaster Thunderseries
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-24-2016, 09:14 AM

Trader Feedback: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarneysBullitt View Post
I am building a 72 F100 with a 351W (AFR185 with a mild cam) and 5 speed. I am trying to decide what to do on EFI.

Choice #1
I have a Ford Racing harness and ECU (foxbody style) that I had planned on using but will require dyno tuning

Choice #2
I have access to the Fast EZ EFI 2.0 multiport setup but would need to buy a distributor and all of the sensor stuff to convert from GM over to my Ford engine. Seems as if the system is designed around GM stuff. Also seems tech support is not that great.

Choice #3
FITECH throttle body setup. Very easy install and setup plus reasonable price.

I know multiport is more efficient but for a "shop truck" type setup, getting the extra tenth out of it is not important. If it was your truck and it is a budget build, what would you do?

Barry
Choice 3. least amount of modification required. Tuning the EEC comps with a chip can be very expensive and I never find that option attractive. EZ EFI is probably okay but I don't have experience with FAST systems and I feel the conversion would be more costly for no performance gain. People in your situation seem to be flocking to FI Tech systems (or other TBI setups) and end up with good results. proper running engine, basically no maintenance, and much improved reliability.

post #3 of 3 Old 02-25-2016, 11:28 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (13)
I am beginning to think the same thing. It's just a simple install and looks to be very reliable. Thanks for your thoughts!

Barry

90 LX Triple Black Vert, 306, B303, Cobra 1.7 Roller Rockers, GT40 ported iron heads, Cobra intake, shorties, 65mm TB, 73mm C&L, 24lb injectors, Cobra front brakes, Lincoln rear discs, 3.55 gear, sub frame connectors, strut tower brace, Bilsteins and coilovers, Flowmaster Thunderseries
Sponsored Links
Advertisement