Who's using a stinger pimp? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 01-28-2016, 04:23 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (21)
Question Who's using a stinger pimp?

How do you like it? How is the user friendliness of it? What have you used prior to it to compare to?

92 Mustang LX 347 11:1
TEA 205cc Twisted Wedge, FTI cam, Ported Victor 5.0, 5 lug disc conversion, ROH ZS wheels, Anderson PMS, 4.30
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 01-30-2016, 09:10 AM

Trader Feedback: (7)
Garage
You're better off going on stingers technical forum and posting there. I bought one last year but haven't got around to messing with it... Packs a punch for the price.

post #3 of 8 Old 01-30-2016, 11:23 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (21)
Yeah the price in intriguing, it's half to 1/3 the price of other systems. Trying to decide if I wanna go that route and risk pulling my hair out understanding it or stick with my anderson pms that has my car running fine??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 01-30-2016, 11:54 AM

Trader Feedback: (0)
I want to hear some opinions as well
post #5 of 8 Old 01-30-2016, 02:20 PM

Trader Feedback: (7)
Garage
Go on their forum and download install instructions. Then go on tuner studio and download it. You can screw around and see what you can and can't do!
install info looks crazy easy shows you step by step. Tuner studio is pretty straightforward.
I can say the support is strong and they give you a start up tune... Now if I could finish my fuel system and get started myself ?
post #6 of 8 Old 10-21-2016, 02:31 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
I have one in my 88 Turbo Coupe. My son actually designed the PIMP for my 91 South Carolina Hi Way patrol car. It was going to be a one off, but people liked it and he designed the circuit board and started making them.

They do work well. I can't tune, I am too old to learn, but others do well at it.
post #7 of 8 Old 10-22-2016, 09:57 PM

Trader Feedback: (11)
I have one. Highly recommend it to anyone interested in tuning their own car. Prior to doing my fox kenne bell air to air intercooler modification, it literally took me about 30 min to get it idling from start up of the computer to turning the key. I added some fuel here and there to the fuel cells prior to taking it on a drive and I drove out of my garage within an hour. I hit the "auto tune" feature and let the computer do the work. Very easy and user friendly. My set up now is different because the air to air acts almost like a spring effect of compressed air in about 10' of piping. I'm working closely with the Stinger techs and they are definitely prompt in their responses. I'd say go get em tiger.

94 GT SOLD.
1989 LX 306 Forged bottom end, Edelbrock Performer heads, Custom Cam, shorties, H-Pipe, 42lb green tops, 8# boost through a custom A2A intercooled Kenne Bell tuned with PiMP Stinger.
post #8 of 8 Old 10-26-2016, 04:18 AM
Corral Elite Member

Trader Feedback: (8)
Running one in my 89 Coupe. Install was super easy, Tuner studio is easy to use. Haven't got it totally sorted, but also doing an engine swap and switching to Holley HP soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement