16 injectors, can I run 2 injectors from each driver - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 01-25-2016, 05:54 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
16 injectors, can I run 2 injectors from each driver

Ok , 408 Windsor with 6 71 blower . I want to run 42 lb injectors below the blower and 24 lb injectors above the blower.
This way the majority of the fuelling is sequential port injection and the smaller injectors above the blower just keep the mixture through the blower wet, which is what it needs. I'm running stock 95 mustang ecu with PMS . Is it ok to run two injectors off each wire

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 01-26-2016, 09:19 AM

Trader Feedback: (3)
I 'believe' the basic MS2 from DIY autotune comes with 2 low impedance Injector drivers, which is adequate to run 8 injectors in wasted spark! To run 8 injectors sequentially you will need to ad an additional 2 injector drivers, which could alternately run 16 injectors in wasted spark. Beyond that im unsure! the thing With MS is, RTFM!! The manual is your friend. Read it cover to cover and then read it again, None of it will make any sense until you actually start applying it with hands on! It takes alot of patience and ALOTTTT more caution BUT once you getting up and going and all the bugs worked out you will likely no more about electricity, engine tuning, and cars in general then you would if you were to attend and graduate UTI! Other standalone systems can then be figured out realativly easy as the basic principles are the same, just a different interface! Just remember when in doubt DO NOT POWER IT UP!!!

post #3 of 8 Old 01-26-2016, 12:36 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by uk blowers View Post
Ok , 408 Windsor with 6 71 blower . I want to run 42 lb injectors below the blower and 24 lb injectors above the blower.
This way the majority of the fuelling is sequential port injection and the smaller injectors above the blower just keep the mixture through the blower wet, which is what it needs. I'm running stock 95 mustang ecu with PMS . Is it ok to run two injectors off each wire
No you will likely fry the injector drivers in the stock ECU. Maybe a low impedance injector driver like a versafueler would work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 01-26-2016, 12:40 PM

Trader Feedback: (3)
lol whoops i thought this was megasqsuirt lol! ya dont go plugging extra stuff into a factory ECU
post #5 of 8 Old 01-26-2016, 03:30 PM

Trader Feedback: (9)
Yes you can but you must wire the injectors in serial, not in parallel.

'94 GT, White, Cobra hood & bumper cover, '95R wheels
393w, Vic Jr 60cc, XE282HR, Victor 5.8 EFI, 80# injectors, Hooker LT 1 3/4 to 3", Borla proXS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

T56 w/ AJE xmember, McLeod street twin, MM/Bilstein '03 IRS, JRi Agent47 SLA
Megasquirt
post #6 of 8 Old 01-26-2016, 05:23 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Could you explain why in series and not parallel , thanks
post #7 of 8 Old 01-26-2016, 09:07 PM

Trader Feedback: (2)
Garage
I would never run them in series. If you run them in series, voltage to each injector is half **IF** the injectors have equal impedance. If they have unequal impedances, which is likely if they are mixed types, the injector with the lowest impedance will get the least voltage.

This means the injector that needs the MOST voltage to build flux will get the least voltage.

Also, current will be decreased.

The very best you could hope for would be each injector having 7 volts and sluggish opening. The worse is one injector in the series string would never open.

If you run them in parallel the voltage is perfect but they would draw the sum of current through each injector. Since the Ford ECU, like every ECU I have seen, uses an open collector output, for about $50 maximum US you could buffer the output port. You would need 8 PNP power transistors and eight small resistors. The emitters of the PNP would go to the injector leads that formerly went to the ECU. The bases would go through a small resistor to the appropriate ECU pin, and the collectors to power ground.

The external power transistors would take all the injector current. Something like this:

MJ15004G ON Semiconductor | Mouser

or this

MJW1302AG ON Semiconductor | Mouser

Each could be bolted directly to an aluminum plate for a heat sink. Then you could just run injector impedance down to about 1 ohm.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
89 LX. 363, single turbo, Super Vic EFI, TFS high port heads by TEA, solid roller, glide. Holley HP EFI. (exact combo varies)
post #8 of 8 Old 01-26-2016, 11:42 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
no fried injector driver here AKCO ford computer has been fine for years.

2016 V6 Mustang Race Red
Sponsored Links
Advertisement