What's your take on my route? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 12-27-2015, 03:09 PM Thread Starter
Retired U.S. Air Force

Trader Feedback: (5)
What's your take on my route?

Hey guys,
Some of you may see and know of my build in the mod swap forum. For those who don't, I have a 1963 Fairlane 500 4 door with a Mustang II front end, 4 linked 8.8 rear and a 94 Mark VIII drivetrain. I swapped the heads and intake for a ported 96 Cobra intake with 3/4" shorter runners and the heads are stock 96 Cobra with cams and all. I deleted the IMRC's with the MMR stuff. I have long tubes with 2.5" duals through dynomax mufflers. Recently I picked up a V3 Si trim Vortech that I'm going to put on it and I've grown from a nice cruiser to wanting some real power out of a 4 door. I am going to run this intercooled and still have the power steering but I think I have to ditch the air conditioning for the IC space unless I can find a Vortech Aftercooler for a fair price. As of now, I'm on the stock bottom end which is good to 450hp. I'm considering a 3.75" stroker kit that's forged so I can build up the setup to 500-550rwhp on pump gas.
The questions,
I remember my old A3M and A9L days where the EEC4 can handle up to 42# injectors and no more. I've seen people talk about 50's with their setup. Is there something new with the PCM's that they can do more with or what? I'd like to stick with this PCM and a quarterhorse for tuning so I don't have to control the trans separately or manually.
Going with the blower, and seeing many new setups, I see lots of guys going blow through MAF's. If I went with the aftercooler setup, I'd have to go draw through or can I swap over to a slot style and run it just after the cooler? I think there would be enough straight line for a good reading. What's the easiest to tune MAF setup for my goal and self tuning? I was thinking a 90 LMAF in blow thru but like the idea of the slots.
Those are the two big issues I have now along with the cooling I have to modify. I have the rear head crossover setup and am looking at the On3 crossover delete but I'm going to keep the heater in the car so I have to plumb that all. My nerv's start up thinking about the lack of flow across the thermo to get it to open. Using that kit, I'd guess drilling holes in the thermo would cure this?
As of right now, the car is torn back apart so I can paint it. Then it'll be back together and I'm going to try and get it all together by the end of summer so I can work out the fitment. Then I'll do the forging and trans rebuild over next winter.
Any thoughts?
Thanks for any constructive criticism. I'll ignore any big balled whiners about 4 door cars not being macho. I have kids and love them more than my car. They go with me. This is a street car that I've decided to go sleeper with.
Thanks!
Dave

63 Fairlane 4 door
(R&C MII, Vortech Si,4.6 DOHC/4R70W,8.8")
Sponsored Links
Advertisement