Injectors and meth injection advice requested - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 09-27-2015, 12:58 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (24)
Injectors and meth injection advice requested

Hi guys, I am hoping I can get some advice about my injectors and some guidance on my meth injection plan.

I know you typically size injectors based on your HP, but I currently have only guesses about what my car is making HP wise. Never been on a dyno or a dragstrip. Actually it's mostly been on jackstands.

It is currently carbureted, but I am switching to efi over the winter (Plus new heads, tko600, 03 cobra irs new countertops, kitchen sink, you get the picture).
I was hoping someone could look at my combo and tell me if I'm in the ballpark.

It's a somewhat high compression N/A 351w.
Here are the specs.

1984 non-roller 351 block .030 over
Ross forged flat top pistons, so should be about 11.x to 1
Eagle forged H -beam rods
Cast crank
195cc AFR renegades, 58cc chambers (new heads I mentioned)
retro-fit hydraulic roller small base circle cam (Comp cams)
.576/.577 240*@50/250*@50 114.0* LSA

Due to some kind of crazy balancing that has been done to this combo before it has a 0oz balance at the crank snout and 28oz at the flywheel.

I have the Mass-flo throttle body, Edelbrock Supervictor intake with 30lb injectors.
Also have the Mass-flo maf sensor calibrated for 30lb injectors.
This will be controlled by the Pro-M EMS with the COP option and fed by two parallel inline Walbro 255lph fuel pumps.

I think, perhaps optimistically that I will be somewhere around 425 at the flywheel , which I think puts me at the upper end of the duty cycle for 30lb injectors, but if I'm spraying a bunch of meth that will somewhat reduce the work load on the injectors right?

I guess this is a long winded way of asking if I'll be OK with the 30lb'ers, and is that with or without methanol.

I plan on doing the meth injection either way, and that leads to my second question.
What do you guys recommend for a methanol setup for a carb style intake? Can I get away with just drilling and tapping a cheap 1 inch aluminum carb spacer for nozzle(s) and putting that under my throttle body? What kind of pump, how many nozzles etc? I'm going to use the Pro-m ems as the controller obviously and I have a 3 and a 4 gallon RCI aluminum fuel cell for meth/water tanks, depending on which one fits better in the trunk. Everything else is undecided.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 09-27-2015, 08:20 AM

Trader Feedback: (3)
imo you should upgrade the injectors. 30s are going to be small and you shouldn't rely on the methanol.

you can use a plate to inject between the carb / intake but it is necessary to have a solenoid and check valve nozzle holder. Since you are using the pro-m you should get the snow pump. There are part numbers available that only have what you need (everything but the tank and controller). Nozzle size go with a single 625ml/min and if you find its too much just dial back the amount sprayed via the tune.

--
93 GT
66 Coupe

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 Old 09-27-2015, 12:45 PM Thread Starter

So, 42lb injectors?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 09-27-2015, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashjackson View Post
So, 42lb injectors?
42s or 50s. whatever you can get that has good info available (low and high slope numbers).

--
93 GT
66 Coupe

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 6 Old 09-27-2015, 04:25 PM Thread Starter

Just bought a set of Ford 42s on eBay for $100 a few minutes ago. That should give me plenty of room to grow.

On the meth nozzle, do I need to worry about orientation? Like come in from the back, the front, the side etc?
post #6 of 6 Old 09-27-2015, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashjackson View Post
Just bought a set of Ford 42s on eBay for $100 a few minutes ago. That should give me plenty of room to grow.

On the meth nozzle, do I need to worry about orientation? Like come in from the back, the front, the side etc?

location won't matter

--
93 GT
66 Coupe

Sponsored Links
Advertisement