got a few questions about the quarter horse, please help!! - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 12-15-2014, 06:26 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
got a few questions about the quarter horse, please help!!

been doing a ton of reading up on the quarter horse for the past two weeks and still a little confussed and have a few questions

1) if I buy the quarter horse with binary editor and eec analyzer software do I need anything else? ie wideband? j3 chip? jaybird? I know a wide band is a good tuning tool but is it really needed?

2) moates website says somewhere the quarter horse is not intended to stay in the computer so do I just load tunes then remove the quarter horse? if so will the eec remember it? can I just leave it in? if so will anything happen?

I'm building myself a 331 n/a storker and will be buying what I need but in the mean time I have two friends that want me to mess with the quarter horse on their cars
one car is a 92' I just built his motor so I know everything about the car it's a 5 speed 306 has e303 cam, 1.7 rockers, stock injectors (for now) bbk ssi intake upper and lower with bbw fuel rails, bbk fpr, plans for bigger injectors and maf in the near furture stock gears for now but will be replacing them with 373's

the other car which is my main concern for is an 88' sd, all stock with aod as of now but will be in my garage soon as I will be installing an e303 cam, 1.7 rockers, aod to 5 speed swap and what not, I know with the sd the cars gonna idle and run funny which is why we want the quarter horse to adjust everything to run better, will this work? would I need any other software or anything being that it's sd?

any help or advice would be great

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-16-2014, 12:23 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
I would say a wideband is pretty much mandatory. The Quarterthorse is technically not intended to stay in permanently. It has a battery inside that will die at some point (usually years) and it will lose the tune. If you remove the Quarterhorse you would have to burn the tune to a J3 chip and install that in the EEC. There is no way for the EEC to remember the tune.
Be aware there is little support for tuning the factory speed density computers.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement