Moates quarter horse - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 04-03-2014, 09:47 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Moates quarter horse

Just ordered a moates quarter horse and binary editor and a mtx wide band o2 . Was wondering if anyone
Had any numbers for diffrent setups. I'm not sure what to set injector slopes at
And mass air settings. Haven't recivied it yet. My setup is 308 sbf holley systemax upper and lower,75mm tb, 80mm mass air, 42lb Bosch injectors, holley afpr, and a 9lb powerdyne supercharger. Just kind of looking for a good starting point. Thanks for any help

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 04-03-2014, 11:28 AM

Trader Feedback: (20)
Garage
Download the A9L2, (if that's what you need, what comp?) input your MAF and injector settings, ditch the AFPR & put your stock one back on. Start car, start tuning.

FTI TW heads/FTI cam/RPMII/A-trim/T5 & 4.10's/QH w/ BE & EA/GUFB
www.carstereooneinc.com
post #3 of 15 Old 04-03-2014, 02:16 PM Thread Starter

I have never used binary before but from what I have heard there is no we're to just type in 42lb injectors or 80mm maf. So how do I supposed to know what values to put.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 04-03-2014, 03:10 PM
US Army Retired

Your a little behind the power curve, I would get the tuning book from lasota racing.

94 GT
post #5 of 15 Old 04-03-2014, 03:38 PM

Trader Feedback: (13)
Go to EFIDYNOTUNING.COM and on the front page select one of the links at the top. You will find all your MAF and injector info under the reference tab.Decipha has a base tune you can start out with as well.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

93 coupe.10:1 331 stroker,holley aluminum heads,lunati 61011 cam,30lb injectors,ported evplorer intake
post #6 of 15 Old 04-03-2014, 04:28 PM Thread Starter

Thank you bunso that looks like a good site. That's what I'm looking for something to get me started with my set up. I didn't see the 80mm c&l maf but I will figure something out thanks for the info.
post #7 of 15 Old 04-03-2014, 04:29 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase91gt View Post
I have never used binary before but from what I have heard there is no we're to just type in 42lb injectors or 80mm maf. So how do I supposed to know what values to put.
Oh, its in there. But not like you're thinking apparently.

EFIDynoTuning / Index

Base tunes tab, may or may not contain the base tune you need. If it does, you download it. The references tab will supply your MAF and injector information needed to input to BE. If not, you'll have to search online for it.

Its a lot of work, man. Its not something you're going to figure out in 5 mins, believe me.

FTI TW heads/FTI cam/RPMII/A-trim/T5 & 4.10's/QH w/ BE & EA/GUFB
www.carstereooneinc.com
post #8 of 15 Old 04-03-2014, 05:40 PM

Trader Feedback: (13)
X2 You better stock up on beer...Its a major learning experience but well worth it.What you will find is that people have different ways of tuning (more than one way to skin a cat).I guarantee you everything you need is @efidynotuning.com like mentioned above.Any questions at all just post them on the forum and Decipha will chime in and hook you up.Dont be ashamed to post any questions you think are dumb on there either because everyone starts out just like you are.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

93 coupe.10:1 331 stroker,holley aluminum heads,lunati 61011 cam,30lb injectors,ported evplorer intake
post #9 of 15 Old 04-03-2014, 06:42 PM Thread Starter

Thank you guys for the comments realy appreciated. I can't wait to get it and get it hooked up.
post #10 of 15 Old 04-21-2014, 09:35 PM

Trader Feedback: (9)
This post is exactly what I was looking to find out where to get tuning

post #11 of 15 Old 04-22-2014, 12:35 AM

Trader Feedback: (52)
To the OP, QH is one of the hardest tuning tools to use just ahead of tweecer. You have no idea what you are in for. I can tell you that it is as complex as they come. Think about it this way, the ford EEC was purposely built to optimize drivability, fuel economy, emissions, longevity and so on. The scalers, table and strategies used have many relations and effects with each other if changed. It is one of the most complex systems and the decoding of the EEC not all well defined and sometimes debatable amongst the experts. The people who are successful at tuning with systems like this are mostly professional tuners. The novice will feel like he is scaling mount Everest, I know I've been there and used it for 2 years.

If you don't have access to a tuner who is experienced with this and will tune your car, then prepare for a long climb as the summit is a hard place reach with this one. Don't let anyone fool you by saying bah it's not that bad, you can do it. Well you can sure hack away at it and will learn a lot in the process, but mostly you will learn that the tuners that do this for a living earn their money and you will want to pay them in the end.

The other option is a dedicated EMS system that is designed for the end user and the programming software is written in plane English and laid out in a manner for the end user to be able to make sense of it. There are many EMS systems on the market that provide a better path to tuning by the novice end user, however to date PRO-M is the only EMS that requires no tuning and is basically turn key.

15 GTPP OW 2.9L Whipple

SOLD 92LX Dart 363 KB2.8LC Custom A2A with Stinger PIMP EMS 11.4 ET trap 138 MPH no Dyno time.
"The sound is unnatural and not of this world, like a screeching velociraptor with the flames of hell licking it's ass"
post #12 of 15 Old 04-22-2014, 02:11 AM
Indo-Canuck-Yankee

Trader Feedback: (4)
Garage
I agree, it's a bit of a daunting process. I started with a TwEECer RT in 2004 and it's only today, in 2014, that I can honestly say that I can tune anything running the GUFB strategy. That being said, it's definitely one of my favorite pasttimes (datalogging, tuning, etc.) and I enjoy it immensely (although it can be very frustrating at times). I've retrofitted many vehicles with EEC-IV, including several friends' 5.0 Mustangs (an '84 GT and an '85 Capri). Tuned the crap out of mine with the KB Blowzilla. I retrofitted EEC-IV with EDIS8 onto my '79 Bronco with a 400M (Cleveland engine) and it runs perfectly.

More recently, I've jumped into EEC-V to inject the 408 stroker in my classic Mustang using Quarterhorse. Now that has been a major PITA. The issue there is that the freely available strategy is not comprehensive enough to build a great tune and requires paying for a good definition. And even then, I've had major issues simply getting the hardware to talk properly with the Quarterhorse. Having some TwEECers laying around, I decided to swap them in and have noticed that they work a lot better than the Quarterhorse. However, the TwEECer has a very limited payload and that is definitely a concern in EEC-V because of the much larger number of parameters you can/may want to datalog.

Anyhow, if you're spending the money on the tuning hardware and software, you're obviously quite serious about getting into tuning. The resources are available online via EECTuning, EFIDynoTuning, Corral, and many more sites and forums. Yes, there is a learning curve, but it's a heck of a lot fun.

'89 5.0L LX hatch: all 90mm 2.2L Blowzilla Dart Iron Eagle 306 @ 8.4:1, ported Vic Jr heads, TMoss ported GT40 lower, Deka 80# injectors, EDIS8, GUFB-A9L2-Moates tuned, Tremec 3550, 3.31 gears w/31-spline TruTrac
'66 GT 2+2 Fastback: carb'd 289, Canfield heads - EFI transformation pending

'71 Mach 1: totaled - R.I.P.
post #13 of 15 Old 04-22-2014, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaker666 View Post
I agree, it's a bit of a daunting process. I started with a TwEECer RT in 2004 and it's only today, in 2014, that I can honestly say that I can tune anything running the GUFB strategy. That being said, it's definitely one of my favorite pasttimes (datalogging, tuning, etc.) and I enjoy it immensely (although it can be very frustrating at times). I've retrofitted many vehicles with EEC-IV, including several friends' 5.0 Mustangs (an '84 GT and an '85 Capri). Tuned the crap out of mine with the KB Blowzilla. I retrofitted EEC-IV with EDIS8 onto my '79 Bronco with a 400M (Cleveland engine) and it runs perfectly.

More recently, I've jumped into EEC-V to inject the 408 stroker in my classic Mustang using Quarterhorse. Now that has been a major PITA. The issue there is that the freely available strategy is not comprehensive enough to build a great tune and requires paying for a good definition. And even then, I've had major issues simply getting the hardware to talk properly with the Quarterhorse. Having some TwEECers laying around, I decided to swap them in and have noticed that they work a lot better than the Quarterhorse. However, the TwEECer has a very limited payload and that is definitely a concern in EEC-V because of the much larger number of parameters you can/may want to datalog.

Anyhow, if you're spending the money on the tuning hardware and software, you're obviously quite serious about getting into tuning. The resources are available online via EECTuning, EFIDynoTuning, Corral, and many more sites and forums. Yes, there is a learning curve, but it's a heck of a lot fun.
Hey Shaker666, I know of a couple others here on the corral like you that have had success, and have scalled the mountain and reached the summit. I however was not one of them. I did after much time learn enough to get my car running, but not the driveability part, that was inconsistant. It just seemed to me with QH that to many of the scallers function with GUFB strategy were not well defined and or explained well enough. I also contacted pop racing for a clean strat and he said it would not be worth it as most out there were as good as they get. I can say I did learn learn alot, but mostly that I didn't know enough. I should have paid someone to help me over the years, maybe I would have gotten father. It was and interesting experience, but I can't that it was fun all the time

15 GTPP OW 2.9L Whipple

SOLD 92LX Dart 363 KB2.8LC Custom A2A with Stinger PIMP EMS 11.4 ET trap 138 MPH no Dyno time.
"The sound is unnatural and not of this world, like a screeching velociraptor with the flames of hell licking it's ass"
post #14 of 15 Old 04-22-2014, 10:52 AM
Indo-Canuck-Yankee

Trader Feedback: (4)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92rohcp View Post
Hey Shaker666, I know of a couple others here on the corral like you that have had success, and have scalled the mountain and reached the summit. I however was not one of them. I did after much time learn enough to get my car running, but not the driveability part, that was inconsistant. It just seemed to me with QH that to many of the scallers function with GUFB strategy were not well defined and or explained well enough. I also contacted pop racing for a clean strat and he said it would not be worth it as most out there were as good as they get. I can say I did learn learn alot, but mostly that I didn't know enough. I should have paid someone to help me over the years, maybe I would have gotten father. It was and interesting experience, but I can't that it was fun all the time
I totally understand. There were times when I couldn't even get the engine to start at all. What happened then was that I made myself look so pathetic and helpless to some of my friends who were extremely knowledgeable, that they would come over and show me how to get it running. This often involved buying them beer and dinners frequently. In the end, everything worked, I learned a lot, and I gained some very good friends. It all actually started in this forum when I bought a KB Blowzilla used from another member of the forum. I then posted about how to install it and that's when another member, Indy2000, realized that there was another KB guy in Vancouver, BC. We got together and he convinced me to buy a TwEECer and it kept going from there.

Either way, I'm sure you've gone down a good path as your car seems to scream!

'89 5.0L LX hatch: all 90mm 2.2L Blowzilla Dart Iron Eagle 306 @ 8.4:1, ported Vic Jr heads, TMoss ported GT40 lower, Deka 80# injectors, EDIS8, GUFB-A9L2-Moates tuned, Tremec 3550, 3.31 gears w/31-spline TruTrac
'66 GT 2+2 Fastback: carb'd 289, Canfield heads - EFI transformation pending

'71 Mach 1: totaled - R.I.P.
post #15 of 15 Old 04-22-2014, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaker666 View Post
I totally understand. There were times when I couldn't even get the engine to start at all. What happened then was that I made myself look so pathetic and helpless to some of my friends who were extremely knowledgeable, that they would come over and show me how to get it running. This often involved buying them beer and dinners frequently. In the end, everything worked, I learned a lot, and I gained some very good friends. It all actually started in this forum when I bought a KB Blowzilla used from another member of the forum. I then posted about how to install it and that's when another member, Indy2000, realized that there was another KB guy in Vancouver, BC. We got together and he convinced me to buy a TwEECer and it kept going from there.

Either way, I'm sure you've gone down a good path as your car seems to scream!
So you know Indy2000...so does he really wear a top hat

15 GTPP OW 2.9L Whipple

Sponsored Links
Advertisement