Reflash ECU to remove EGR functions. - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 04-01-2014, 08:28 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (10)
Reflash ECU to remove EGR functions.

First off, I wanna state that I'm removing my EGR on my 95 cobra because I swapped in a set of GT40P heads that don't have the EGR crossover tube in the back, and therefor cannot run EGR. That being said...anyone know where I can get the ECU reflashed to remove the EGR so the CEL will stop comming on? I"m located in Columbia, SC and have no idea where to go or what to goole to find someone! Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-01-2014, 12:15 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
Should be able to get a chip with the EGR turned off from Dirty Dirty Racing, Vehicle EFI Dyno & Street Tuning

post #3 of 3 Old 04-02-2014, 08:01 AM
Please call me Mike

Trader Feedback: (46)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
Should be able to get a chip with the EGR turned off from Dirty Dirty Racing, Vehicle EFI Dyno & Street Tuning
this is the easiest solution. you may want to read up on what happens when EGR activates. Some folks say it changes timing and fuel. If thats the case. you want to make sure that is addressed in the chip

On another note, i never really understood the point of EGR.
1)The percentage of gas that is recirculated is small (does it warrent the raw materials the needed parts are made from?)
2) if not working can cause drivabilty issues becuase of the "tuning" needed to make the engine run right: ie ingresting spent gases for reburn
3) Everyone knows the hotter the air going in for burn the better. IE where ford put the valve wasn't the best place. it heats up the all the aire going to the engine.

84K 88 LX Vert 5spd: 3.73s.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement