Trying to decide what to do? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 11-04-2013, 04:36 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (5)
Trying to decide what to do?

I had my car tuned last year. I was never really satisfied with the tune idle is high lean at idle etc. Well I had to replace my fuel pressure regulator and now the tune is way off idles good but is rich as hell cruise like 10.0. Right now I have a sct chip.

I am thinking about going with a megasquirt system. I am trying to set up having Kurgan tune my car in spring. Just trying to see if its worth the cost to go megasquirt. The one thing I like is if I make changes to car I can make simple adjustments to get it right. Where with the sct I have to have someone tune it.

1995 cobra 351 with Trick flow heads rpm intake s-trim 12lbs. 611rwhp [email protected]

Past car
89 Gt 306 Afr 185's Trick flow intake 70mm TB Vortech s-trim 11lbs Snow meth kit 4R70w 3.73 gear 10.94 at 123mph
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-02-2013, 11:52 AM
Please call me Mike

Trader Feedback: (46)
Exclamation

did you check the pressure after you replaced it ? if you are running that rich i would think you pressure is to high.

It's up to you to figure out if it is worth the money for an an aftermarket ecu. it seems like it can be cheaper in the long run but takes more work. Sure you can get it a unit that plugs into the factory wiring harness and a base tune for a mild car, but to do it right you will want to go through the settings of it to make sure it is right on your car.

There is loads of info on the web about how to do everything. it is like information overload, lol. do some reading.
Megasquirt MSEXTRA Manual Index

I will say if you decide to purchase one, i was very happy with MegaSquirt | Engine Management System | Electronic Fuel Injection - DIYAutoTune.com as my reseller. Their email support gets back to you within a day. Matt answers questions in the megasquirt section and on Megasquirt MSEXTRA / MS3EFI • Index page.

i am happy with my ms3x. my second choice would be the new pro m system but it is way more money.

84K 88 LX Vert 5spd: 3.73s.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement