Hypertech Chip questions - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 10-10-2013, 08:39 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Hypertech Chip questions

Hey guys I recently got a Hypertech Chip PN #693021 off a friend to see if I could figure out anything on it. Now he said he got it off a guy and that guy said it worked fine for his 5.0. I am not sure what exactly he has done to that 5.0. The reason he didn't need it anymore was he was going to go a carburetor setup. So my friend got it off him and put it in his car, but it ran terrible. Horrible idle and no power. Yesterday we tried it on my car it did the same thing. Both of our cars have a stock 5.0. I am thinking that the tune on this chip isn't good for what we have.

On my car I could hear that my fuel pump (Walbro 255) couldn't prim all the way and would cut off for (the best I can describe) a split second and try again. My car also was able to start like his, but it ran ruff.

Here is a pic of the chip that is pretty close to what I have. Now if you look on the far left you will see the 8 switches going vertical. From bottom to top they are numbered 1-8. Some have writing above them and some don't.

#1 ON
#2 nothing
#3 nothing
#4 nothing
#5 ALCO
#6 GD
#7 50
#8 85 I believe its a 8.

I tried to look it up and see what they do, if they even do anything to start with. I believe with this chip being as old as it is its basically not going to happen on finding information from it.

I'd appreciate any information you have on this chip and whether it's even worth to care about.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-01-2013, 10:17 AM

Trader Feedback: (0)
I recently bought a '95 GT with one of these on it. Coincidentally the ECU was fried so I didn't put this back on the new one.

FYI the dip switches have an on position as indicated, the other info is the manufacturer name and part# of the switch.
I know this post is old, but I couldn't find any information on this either, so here is some.
I emailed Hypertech and this is what I asked and what they said.

ME:
Quote:
I recently purchased a 1995 Mustang GT with a 5.0 and automatic.
It has a Hypertech chip plugged into the ECU.
My question is, what do the eight dip switches do on the board?
The Part number is 554011.
Serial number 1070976.
Hypertech:
Quote:
The dip switches are preset and should not be used. The same board is used for multiple vehicles; cars and trucks and the switches must be in the correct position for that particular part number.
Me:
Quote:
Does this do anything for the shift points and torque converter lock up?
Thanks.
Quote:
No sir, we make adjustments to the air/fuel mixture and timing curve to increase power; we gained approximately 30 HP and 28 TQ additional power. Premium octane fuel must be used, no less than 91 and we recommend where available.
Jim

Sponsored Links
Advertisement