eec pro m and injectors - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 08-24-2013, 04:10 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
eec pro m and injectors

I have a pro m 87mm calibrated for 30s and the 30 lbs injectors. I want to run this mod when I do tfs hci upgrade. The engine is a 5.0. eec from 89-93 maf stock ecu.

Do I have to get something to tune with? Are the maps just conservative? Can I just add some fuel pressure and be safe?

What kind of drivability can I expect I remember guys running similar upgrade back in the day but I know efi has moved light years since then.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 08-26-2013, 09:31 AM
Banned

Trader Feedback: (3)
A "calibrated" maf sensor, like you have, is intended to be used with an otherwise unmodified engine management system. They are not the most ideal method for modifying fuel control... but they "work".

I have always been against the use of calibrated maf's because they dont do a complete job.

post #3 of 8 Old 08-26-2013, 05:32 PM Thread Starter

So I have tfs hci and all the goodies this 87mm pro m & 30lb jects. A 255 walby pump and adj. Fpr . I've been looking at the tweecer what do you think. Its tough balancing the bugdet I still have to get the thing finished. I'd rather go backward and leave the stock cam in than get over complicated with a piggy back. I don't see a stand alone working at this point I don't have 1500$ to spend just this part of the car. I need something that will work simple to use and cheeper the better. I've seen I ton of 5.0s out there and a wide variety of tuning stuff. What do I need to make a tfs hci combo work well?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 08-26-2013, 05:56 PM
Banned

I used the TwEECer many years ago and I was never fond of it. I now find myself recommending the Moates Quarterhorse to just about everyone. Once you buy a QH, you can go through a tuner like myself, or Willie over at dirtydirty for a tune.

The coverage can range from a base map, up to and including datalog emailing, and continuous tuning.

If interested in more details, pm me.
post #5 of 8 Old 08-30-2013, 08:51 AM

You would be better off getting a tuner package and tune at a dyno shop. I got an SCT chip tuned by BAMA, that worked great for what I had, until I added 25lb injectors and a 92mm Pro-M mass. Now it NEEDS to be dyno tuned.
post #6 of 8 Old 08-30-2013, 09:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LXponie View Post
You would be better off getting a tuner package and tune at a dyno shop. I got an SCT chip tuned by BAMA, that worked great for what I had, until I added 25lb injectors and a 92mm Pro-M mass. Now it NEEDS to be dyno tuned.
Lol, no it doesn't.
post #7 of 8 Old 09-01-2013, 10:39 AM Thread Starter

I need something that will work, it doesn't have to be fantastic, just functional and behave like OEM. I'm going with a stage 1 tfs cam, I'm hopeing the stock eec with just calibrated maf and inectors can handle it. That is the cam is less aggressive. I can spend about 250-500$ though if it would help it.

I realize that fuel and timing needs are case specific and that full control, with dyno time is optimal. I just thought I'd check around and see what's available to smooth it up a bit, for the cash I have for it.

What about sending the meter back for an updated calibration. They may can add something since it was originally calibrated.

Any thoughts?
post #8 of 8 Old 09-10-2013, 01:12 PM

if you hadnt bought the meter or injectors yet don't waste your money

give this link a good read over, will give you a bunch of good pointers on your setup and what to buy including what you do and don't need

Pre Tune Information / Ford / EFIDynoTuning

decipha @ EFIDynoTuning
www.efidynotuning.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement