Can't pull codes on 89 GT - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 08-08-2013, 11:26 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (1)
Can't pull codes on 89 GT

Hey guys, I have a problem pulling my check engine codes from my 89 GT. I pu the jumper wire in the connector and when I start the car, the light simply refuses to blink. I have pulled the codes before successfully, but now they won't come out. I know I am doing everything correct because I've done it before, so is there a fuse or something the could have blown?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-14-2016, 07:16 AM

Trader Feedback: (0)
I have the same problem with my 95, mine ruins ok when cold but once it warms up it runs bad, I can't get the check engine light to go on at all and when I tried a scanner I got a connection error, I tried with a paper clip at the self test plug and still could get no codes. The bulb on the check engine light is ok because I got it to blink when I used the paper clip, I got around 7 or 8 single flashes the a 176 code. Does this look like a computer problem to you guys? Also the guages on the dash are acting up.

post #3 of 3 Old 07-17-2016, 10:21 AM

Trader Feedback: (3)
check 5v ref circuit

no comm

can be from issues on 5v ref circuit, or faulty ecm

in crank does the check engine light, go out?

in a ford, when you put the key in run, you get the prime and a bulb check, the CEL, should remain on, until you crank, in crank it should go out.

89 GT gr-40, KB2200(10psi), tweecer R/T,LC-1, 22gal cell, w/tailpipes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement