Rpm question for tune... - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 06-13-2013, 07:11 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (20)
Rpm question for tune...

Have a single turbo setup on my 89. Tuning with a Moates Quarterhorse. I have the rev limiter in the tune set to 5800 and 5600 on my Summit branded ignition. Got me thinking, in trying to keep her under 6000 rpms to prolong the stock block, which one do i want set lower than the other? Doesnt the eec kill fuel and the ignition would kill spark, so i would set to kill spark first correct?

Sent from my wealth of useless knowledge!

Shameless plug.... My Business

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Use coupon code MADSPEED for a 20% discount!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-13-2013, 07:23 AM
Corral Elite Member

Trader Feedback: (6)
I don't know how the chip handles it. But if it does it the same way the stock ecu does. Then hell yes use the box. Because it will use spark no fuel, and won't lean you out.

Sent from my PI86100 using Board Express

1989 GT Vert.. Major Changes for 2013 Wish me luck
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old setup from 2012 On3 Turbo, Trick Flow 170 Heads, Edelbrock RPM upper & Lower, Trick Flow Stg 2 cam, UPR K-member and control arms and Strang front and rear coil over, and UPR upper and lower rear control arms, MM frame connectors Fully Built AOD, 512whp
post #3 of 4 Old 06-26-2013, 01:39 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
The mixture doesn't lean out; there is no mixture. When an injection event is cut, there is simply no fuel for that cylinder to burn. OEMs use it almost exclusively, if not exclusively, even with turbo engines, because it doesn't have the same potential for damaging parts that spark-only rev limiting does. Throwing fuel and air into the exhaust sets up the potential for melted cat converters (if you have them) and/or lighting off ahead of the turbo, which will put tremendous thermal stress on both it and the piping. Great for boost, bad for parts.

There is the issue of wall wetting and fuel cut will cause the ports to dry out, which has bearing on how the engine responds when fuel comes back. I am not sure how the EEC-IV strategy handles that.

1968 Mustang notchback-H/C/I/E/etc.
1972 Pinto Runabout-2.3T/T5/MS-II.

Last edited by GT Madness; 06-26-2013 at 01:48 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 07-14-2013, 01:39 AM

Trader Feedback: (0)
it fires every other injector to prevent the engine from wrapping, its not as effective as killing spark then thats a dead limiter, but it works very well, i usually recommend using both a spark and fuel limiter, just set the fuel limiter at the same rpm as your ignition box limiter

decipha @ EFIDynoTuning
www.efidynotuning.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement