Spark Tables A9L computer Tweecer - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 05-29-2013, 10:18 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (2)
Garage
Spark Tables A9L computer Tweecer

I read this in "Tweecer Getting Started" but want to be sure I have it correct without experimenting. Quoted from the getting started manual:

Quote:
the X axis and delivered spark on the Y-axis. There are then 3 modifiers to this spark value.
Spark_adder_WOT_w/BP is a function of Barometric pressure on the X axis and amount of spark to add or
subtract on the Y-axis. Spark_adder_ECT_WOT is an adder/subtracter for spark based on engine coolant temp
and spark_adder_ACT_WOT is an adder/subtractor for WOT spark based on inlet air temp.

So, for WOT, the final spark calculation looks like this.

Final spark = spark_at_WOT + Spark_adder_WOT_w/BP + Spark_adder_ECT_WOT + Spark_adder_ACT_WOT

As a side note tp_for_WOT is what determines when you switch to these values. This is explained later.
OK, so as I understand these manual instructions:

Quote:
<<There are then 3 modifiers to this spark value.
Spark_adder_WOT_w/BP is a function of Barometric pressure on the X axis and amount of spark to add or
subtract on the Y-axis.>>>
This is in the Functions tab, and is actually called "WOT Spark Advance vs BP", and the adder is in degrees.

Quote:
<<Spark_adder_ECT_WOT is an adder/subtracter for spark based on engine coolant temp>>
Same tab (functions) but is called "WOT Spark Advance vs ECT", and it is an adder (or subtraction for negative numbers) in degrees.

Quote:
<<<and spark_adder_ACT_WOT is an adder/subtractor for WOT spark based on inlet air temp.>>>
Same tab (functions) but this is called "WOT Spark Advance vs ACT" in Cal Edit, and is directly in degrees.

Quote:
<<<<So, for WOT, the final spark calculation looks like this.

Final spark = spark_at_WOT >>>
I assume this table is located in the tab Functions, and is actually called "WOT Spark Advance vs RPM" and is in degrees.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

So I understand WOT calculation as being this, with the names changed to the names actually displayed in Tweecer CalEdit:

Final WOT spark = WOT Spark Advance vs RPM + WOT Spark Advance vs BP + WOT Spark Advance vs ECT + WOT Spark Advance vs ACT

At WOT, these are the only things affecting spark, correct???

Thanks, Tom

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
89 LX. 363, single turbo, Super Vic EFI, TFS high port heads by TEA, solid roller, glide. Holley HP EFI. (exact combo varies)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 05-30-2013, 08:00 PM

Trader Feedback: (9)
I've never messed with tweecer but your conclusion is the same one that I would make, and I really don't see any reason to think you're wrong.

'94 GT, White, Cobra hood & bumper cover, '95R wheels
393w, Vic Jr 60cc, XE282HR, Victor 5.8 EFI, 80# injectors, Hooker LT 1 3/4 to 3", Borla proXS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

T56 w/ AJE xmember, McLeod street twin, MM/Bilstein '03 IRS, JRi Agent47 SLA
Megasquirt
post #3 of 8 Old 05-30-2013, 08:39 PM

Trader Feedback: (16)
Garage
Yes, pretty much. At wot assuming, Spark-WOT Mode Spark Control is enabled it will deliver spark based on your Spark-WOT Advance VS RPM function, also taking into account your Spark-Adder for WOT, and the BP, ACT, ECT functions you've mentioned. you can also set it to disabled and call it out in your spark table(s) if you prefer.

Do some reading up on eectuning.org and download a free copy of BE if you haven't already. It's MUCH more friendly than CalEdit and shows the formulas in many instances.

Edit, and any global spark adders too....

TooSlo86.com

[email protected] during NMRA Factory Stock qualifying @ Norwalk. [email protected] in eliminations on the new 308 w/unported P-heads and Explorer intake @ 3050lbs. ALL MOTOR. Now for a good clutch!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 05-30-2013, 09:52 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSlo86 View Post
Yes, pretty much. At wot assuming, Spark-WOT Mode Spark Control is enabled it will deliver spark based on your Spark-WOT Advance VS RPM function, also taking into account your Spark-Adder for WOT, and the BP, ACT, ECT functions you've mentioned. you can also set it to disabled and call it out in your spark table(s) if you prefer.

Do some reading up on eectuning.org and download a free copy of BE if you haven't already. It's MUCH more friendly than CalEdit and shows the formulas in many instances.

Edit, and any global spark adders too....
Thanks...I think I am getting it.

I paid for BE a few years ago, but at that time you had to pay for each computer including even if you changed computers. I still have a paid copy in my old laptop.

Because of the $$$ every time I changed computers, I decided to limp along with CalEdit and CalCon. The WORSE thing for me is the way manuals are written. If something in the manual was called the same thing, word for word, as the screen shows then I would not have a problem. The manuals are more difficult, or much less clear, than they need to be. That's because I don't know the jargon, and the names in the programs are different than the names in the manuals.

89 LX. 363, single turbo, Super Vic EFI, TFS high port heads by TEA, solid roller, glide. Holley HP EFI. (exact combo varies)

Last edited by TomR; 05-30-2013 at 09:53 PM.
post #5 of 8 Old 05-31-2013, 02:47 AM
Banned

Trader Feedback: (3)
The new version of BE has a dongle option. It's extra money, but it doesn't tie you down to one machine.
post #6 of 8 Old 06-01-2013, 10:56 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 64bit View Post
The new version of BE has a dongle option. It's extra money, but it doesn't tie you down to one machine.

That's good to know, because my car laptop that had BE took a crap last night at the drags. That's what I get for mentioning my BE license not be portable to other machines I own. Now I need a new laptop and pay for the same old programs.

post #7 of 8 Old 06-02-2013, 01:05 AM

Trader Feedback: (16)
Garage
I transferred my BE license from one laptop to another without any hassle prior to the dongle. Just email Clint and let him know that you got a new laptop. That is if you can get the old one to boot up 1st.

TooSlo86.com

[email protected] during NMRA Factory Stock qualifying @ Norwalk. [email protected] in eliminations on the new 308 w/unported P-heads and Explorer intake @ 3050lbs. ALL MOTOR. Now for a good clutch!
post #8 of 8 Old 06-03-2013, 08:03 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSlo86 View Post
I transferred my BE license from one laptop to another without any hassle prior to the dongle. Just email Clint and let him know that you got a new laptop. That is if you can get the old one to boot up 1st.
My old laptop is trash, and the drive is obsolete.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement