rolling idle - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 05-21-2013, 09:32 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (12)
rolling idle

alright just got the car running again and I am having a rolling idle aways did and I am sick of it need it fixed so the wife can drive it. I tune with a old EPEC. No matter where I set the A/F it still does it I have moved the timing around up and down no help. Now when it is in gear the roll is very low but throw it in park or N and there it is. It is not the IAC the epec don't look at that it is not the o2s it don't look at them either. One thing I did do last night is pulled the spout out and wham it idled like a dream. I am not looking for this thing to idle at 700 rpms or anything like that so I am not asking that of it. 1000 to 1100 is okay.
I am sure it is in my tune but I am trying to save some time and gas with this so looking for some help with it.
I drilled a hole in the T/B last night to help and it seems to have a bit but still not the answer. What has got me is pulling the spout and it sets there and idles great (after I drilled the hole in the T/B). There is a area in the EPEC where you can go in and shut off the timing control and it is the same thing idles great. This makes me think it is a timing issue. DUH
I guess I need to log it and see if the EPEC will still control the spark with the spout out but I don't think it will.
Run down on the car 306 83# injector Holley intake PMAS blow through meter TFS heads, turbo cam and a turbo. blah blah blah you know just a street turbo set up. and yes the EPEC has a driver for the big injectors.

Turbo 306,How fast will it go that depends on who is around.. Local parts pimp.. Things for sale most stuff is OBO https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hvqaA8aKICIw6BBj3IU2KCwiv86TtWXmxmvrsd8lw1A/edit?hl=en_US&pli=1#
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-21-2013, 12:10 PM
Corral Elite Member

Trader Feedback: (8)
Sounds like its idling between different timing values. Not familiar with EPEC tuning, but check timing tables. Pulling the spout, as I'm sure you know, just locks the timing at base. In, it will use the table. Change timing around where it idles to all the same and probably will settle right down. Just my .02.

post #3 of 5 Old 05-21-2013, 02:03 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (12)
Thanks will give it a look.

Turbo 306,How fast will it go that depends on who is around.. Local parts pimp.. Things for sale most stuff is OBO https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hvqaA8aKICIw6BBj3IU2KCwiv86TtWXmxmvrsd8lw1A/edit?hl=en_US&pli=1#
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 05-23-2013, 06:23 PM

Trader Feedback: (9)
Yeah if pulling the spout works you likely can solve this by pulling timing out of the idle areas. That's the same difference as pulling the spout.

'94 GT, White, Cobra hood & bumper cover, '95R wheels
393w, Vic Jr 60cc, XE282HR, Victor 5.8 EFI, 80# injectors, Hooker LT 1 3/4 to 3", Borla proXS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

T56 w/ AJE xmember, McLeod street twin, MM/Bilstein '03 IRS, JRi Agent47 SLA
Megasquirt
post #5 of 5 Old 05-28-2013, 08:06 AM

Trader Feedback: (2)
Garage
I had that problem and had to re-curve the timing in the spark tables related to idle, so the idle speed was not on the slope of a big timing change. Flatten the spark tables out with good advance at idle, but no advance at cranking.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
89 LX. 363, single turbo, Super Vic EFI, TFS high port heads by TEA, solid roller, glide. Holley HP EFI. (exact combo varies)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement