Chicago area tuners for a Moates QH? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 03-12-2013, 05:46 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Chicago area tuners for a Moates QH?

I recently purchased a 1992 LX 5.0 from this site (thanks Mike) and am considering personalizing it a little. It recently dyno'd at 349rwhp and 379tq with a vortech sc and on the stock heads and cam. I'm wanting to replace the heads and cam, but hit a point I need help with.

The car came with a Moates Quarterhorse installed and currently runs awesome (street driven car). If I change the heads and cam I will need to retune it. I have been searching and calling places that tune, but not having any luck with a place that will work with the Moates QH. Does anyone know of a shop or person that would be able to retune my car when I make the changes? I have been on Moates website and feel like an idiot reading a foreign language, so no way I could purchase the software and tune myself.

Thanks for any help.

Jim Siefken

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-13-2013, 08:30 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
I would like to do a public Thank You to board member 93GRNLX, who has been assisting me through PM's. He referred me to Don LaSota and Don explained I probably won't have to retune, but if I do I can easily do it myself. He gave a detailed explanation (the tune is already there, just may need to tweak it) and I will try it myself with the BE software and guide. Hopefully I come back with results and not questions.

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Advertisement