89 stang repin 02 harness after auto to 5sp swap? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 02-24-2013, 02:59 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
89 stang repin 02 harness after auto to 5sp swap?

I swapped my 89 5.0 verts aod to a 5spd and after it my car ran like crap ,super rich ,crazy idle .so after taking it to several mechanics I was told to replace things..iac,tps,a9l,pcv,maf,o2s etc..after replacing all the sensors and all the mechanics being dumbfounded I parked it very frustrated.after all I bought it stock aod and swapped the 5spd in did hci and all the boltons...
well a week ago I was searching for reasons why its still screwy.i came across a post...saying when I swapped in the 5spd and a9l puter I was supposed to swap the o2 harness over to a 5spd 1989 spec,or repin my o2 harness.ok sorry for the long winded post but here is my question.i repined it to wat I saw online is it correct?
I don't know how to post pics ,if someone can post them for me id be really grateful I can email the two picsto someone???

Last edited by joejitsu; 02-24-2013 at 03:11 PM. Reason: cant post pics sorry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-24-2013, 11:00 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
until I can get pics up...my o2 harness on my 89 vert originally aod was looped top two side by side and from what iv researched I was supposed to pull the inner looped wire and repin it below the first looped space.most will think im talking nonsense but the ford techs will know.and again if anyone can post my before and after4 npics for me I can email them to u.and will be very appreciative

lighter faster meaner
post #3 of 3 Old 03-02-2013, 05:19 PM
Please call me Mike

Trader Feedback: (46)
i had a 90 vert with aod. I swapped in a tremec. This was in 2002. I had no isssues other than the back up lights and maybe the neutral saftey switch.

I am not sure if something would have been different in the 89 vs 90. I would (and i am sure you have) make sure everything got hooked back up. I am talking vaccum lines and sensors.

Did you swap the tranny and HCI at the same time ?

84K 88 LX Vert 5spd: 3.73s.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement