quarterhorse and 90mm MAF - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 02-22-2013, 05:45 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (19)
quarterhorse and 90mm MAF

What transfer function should I be looking at to input into quarter horse? I have to change injector size to 42# injectors, and cubic inches to 393. I"m kinda nervous to start messing with the quarthorse programming. I'm sure it'll get better over time though. Thanks for any input on maf guys.

97 cobra,ON3 7875 turbo,treadstone FMIC,80#ers,VMP 5000 MAF, dual 340lph pumps full fuel system, pac stage 2 valve springs,31 splined 3.27s , t45 source built T45 - 700rwhp is the goal!
03 terminator - ported eaton, 511rwhp, all the supporting mods, full tilt boogie stuff!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 02-27-2013, 12:20 PM

Trader Feedback: (34)
If you have EA also you can export the lmaf over to the BE side and start from there.and yes you will have to change the injector values also and the cid in the program also so the load values will give you the correct timing.Also look at start up pw and cold start with those injectors you will be rich and loading up.I am in the Rogers area and can help maybe.Stan

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but
because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton
post #3 of 12 Old 02-27-2013, 12:31 PM Thread Starter

Thanks man. I don't have EA just the BE software on this one. I found the LMAF transfer function and put it in line for line into my BE. So that I'd have close to the correct xfer function. However it wouldn't allow me to add the exact number figures into each line, it'd like round it to a number it thought it should be at that specific voltage.
I set injector slopes at 41.99# and 57.40#
Engine is at 393 CI
EGR/emissions are disabled.
what should I adjust on the cold start?

97 cobra,ON3 7875 turbo,treadstone FMIC,80#ers,VMP 5000 MAF, dual 340lph pumps full fuel system, pac stage 2 valve springs,31 splined 3.27s , t45 source built T45 - 700rwhp is the goal!
03 terminator - ported eaton, 511rwhp, all the supporting mods, full tilt boogie stuff!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 02-27-2013, 03:17 PM

first you need to get your fuel trims running in line with what is commanded.Then work on the cold functions.What is the eec code?I know on mine I had to lean the cold functions from stock.Also if you are using larger than stock T-body you will need to reset some of the idle functions that measure air flow.so that you will have a cold idle that does not hunt.Stan

post #5 of 12 Old 02-27-2013, 03:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruslow View Post
first you need to get your fuel trims running in line with what is commanded.Then work on the cold functions.What is the eec code?I know on mine I had to lean the cold functions from stock.Also if you are using larger than stock T-body you will need to reset some of the idle functions that measure air flow.so that you will have a cold idle that does not hunt.Stan
I'm running an A9L GUFB strategy also i have a 75mm throttle body too.

You mean adjusting the fuel trims via open loop o2s?

post #6 of 12 Old 02-27-2013, 04:25 PM

Yes you can dial the fuel in[ to a point] in open loop but need to fine tune in closed.Wide band is the only way to get them rite in o/l since the o2s are not being read at that time.Also need to dial air flow in with that T-body so you do not get the hunting when you let off the throttle.Stan

post #7 of 12 Old 02-27-2013, 04:55 PM Thread Starter

So basically I need to get a wide band setup too?

I'm trying to find injector specs for these lucas 42# injectors that way I can input them .So I thought I'd start with the FOMOCO 42# tables to At least give me a starting base.

Do you have to fill all 8 tune selections with tunes? I read one article that it requires all 8 to be filled even with a stock tune. Then I just read something today stating to use only tune spot 2 and leave the rest blank? What did you do?

I'm more or less freaked to flood this engine out cause the rings haven't even been broken in yet. This program is pretty in depth and seems to be over my head. Just trying not to let it get the best of me at this point. Slowly reading different things to understand.

post #8 of 12 Old 02-27-2013, 05:29 PM

yes you really do need a wide band.When you purchased the BE what did you put down for the datalogger?i use an innovative lc1.it will show on your dashboard what your afr is.
If you are using the lucas injector there should be the breakpoints listed somewhere,I would def try and find them being you are starting out you will be in the fire real quick without correct injector values.Because as the slope do affect the final AFR.And being you are already using another maf you are that much further away.
I am using the 42 fms and 90 lmaf and have leaned it down about 15% at the top of the maf and maybe 8% on the lower values.

As for filling all 8 slots no.You just use one for the tune you are building and when you have a tune that works ok,then you use another slot for the final build of the tune.That way if something goes wrong when you download it you can revert back to the other tune to get home.I tune while on the fly[on side of the road]and hae had this happen more than once.Stan

post #9 of 12 Old 02-27-2013, 06:47 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
You can get the MAF transfer function "sorta close" if you tune based on the narrow band for the parts of the airflow curve that the narrow-band O2s can see, then figure out an average compensation value and apply it to the parts of the curve that they can't see.

(They will give useful information for all the load values at which the EEC is commanding stoichometric air-fuel ratios, but once the EEC switches over to a richer mixture, they are just about blind.)

That should be okay for cruising around. But if you are going to push the car hard, I would not rely on that method.
post #10 of 12 Old 03-01-2013, 10:45 PM
Banned

Trader Feedback: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danieleckley View Post
what should I adjust on the cold start?
you definitely want to adjust your cranking PW. Reduce it proportionate to the percentage of flow increase of your new injectors.

post #11 of 12 Old 03-10-2013, 06:12 PM Thread Starter

Idling issues.

Well today I got the truck started up. After fightin with the fuel pump continuously running with the key on and then no starting at all while it did that. I decided to throw on the stock a9l calibration. Started right up but idled at like 1100 rpms. So, now I reload my tune calibrated to 393ci, Lucas 42# injectors( used frpp's injector calibrations for these 42s since no chart is available for them), 90mm maf (again used the lmaf transfer functions to get close), turned off egr and emissions, idle set at 1000 for now, everything is still in stock config. Started right up first crank BUT holds only a 500-600 idle and slightly rough. Plip of throttle was fairly smooth though. I'm slowly learning this software so where should my next plan if attack be? This thing doesn't have to be perfect on just drivable and safe to break this engine in. Thanks fr any insight guys

post #12 of 12 Old 03-11-2013, 12:27 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danieleckley View Post
Well today I got the truck started up. After fightin with the fuel pump continuously running with the key on and then no starting at all while it did that. I decided to throw on the stock a9l calibration. Started right up but idled at like 1100 rpms. So, now I reload my tune calibrated to 393ci, Lucas 42# injectors( used frpp's injector calibrations for these 42s since no chart is available for them), 90mm maf (again used the lmaf transfer functions to get close), turned off egr and emissions, idle set at 1000 for now, everything is still in stock config. Started right up first crank BUT holds only a 500-600 idle and slightly rough. Plip of throttle was fairly smooth though. I'm slowly learning this software so where should my next plan if attack be? This thing doesn't have to be perfect on just drivable and safe to break this engine in. Thanks fr any insight guys
What's the idle air duty cycle at idle? I believe it should show up as ISCDC in a datalog.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement