02 sensor problem - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 02-17-2013, 07:28 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (7)
02 sensor problem

i had this problem with my old 02 sensors and got new ones and it's still doing the same thing, car starts to run lean on driver side.

ive got 3 codes for bank 2 sensor 1................ bank 1(passenger side) has no codes

high voltage
lack of heated oxygen sensor indicates rich
slow response (i have a tune for my long tube headers so i should not have this code)

i have a wide band on the driver side and can see it going lean past 18 air to fuel ratio enough to blank out the gauge, so the computer is cutting fuel thinking it is curing the rich problem that doesn't exist

if i go wide open throttle the car acts fine in WOT with around 12 air to fuel ratio reading on the gauge, no miss fires at all on WOT

the car will go lean on the driver side at any random time and will go back to normal randomly

any chance i have a broken wire? or bad 02 extension harness? i noticed my dad folded the 02 harness in half and zip tied it out of the way when i was swapping transmissions, car was in a cold garage and im thinking this may have broke a wire.

Car has stock 2v PI engine with full exhaust and intake and BAMA Tune, im currently on a 87 tune and still had the problem on 93 for about a month or 2, before that the car ran fine for months with the tune and bolt ons

2003 Mustang Mach1 5 Speed, K&N intake, Xpipe, 3.73 gears, J&M Uppers and Lowers, Bama Tune
2008 Suzuki GsxR 750 K8, Gears, Power Commander, GP Guspension, M4 slip on

Last edited by 2002 SN95 GT; 02-17-2013 at 07:54 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-23-2013, 07:34 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (7)
i need some input from someone its been a week, car runs like #### randomly on and off every few seconds

2003 Mustang Mach1 5 Speed, K&N intake, Xpipe, 3.73 gears, J&M Uppers and Lowers, Bama Tune
2008 Suzuki GsxR 750 K8, Gears, Power Commander, GP Guspension, M4 slip on
post #3 of 3 Old 02-23-2013, 10:46 AM
Please call me Mike

Trader Feedback: (46)
I think you are on the right track with a wiring issue. I would start simple and check al the connections at the O2 sensor (O2 at extension harness and extension harness to factory harness.) if they look good I would get a multi meter and ohm out the O2 extension harness. If that is good I would Ohm out the O2 harness to the ECU harness. If that is good maybe check the ECU harness back to the ECU.

If that is good check the injectors. Check for loose connections at the injectors.

Intermittent issues are a pain to track down. I hope this helps.

84K 88 LX Vert 5spd: 3.73s.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement