5.0L Error Codes 305, 305 & 1504 - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 02-16-2013, 11:21 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (1)
5.0L Error Codes 305, 305 & 1504

Looking for a little insight. My Son's 2000 Exploder with a 5.0L runs fine when cold. After it reaches temperature the idle is poor with a definite miss and drivability degrades.

It has codes 305 & 306 which are misfires on #5 & #6 both are on the same bank. The coil pack associated with both was replaced. All the spark plugs were previously replaced by me and checked again after the issue started.

The other code, 1504, is for the IAC. Cleaned the old one, no change. Bought a new one, no change. If I disconnect the IAC the idle changes, actually drops and smooths out momentarily and then the miss returns.

No codes while in cold operation, as soon as it reaches temp the three codes show up as does the miss. My gut tells me that its an O2 sensor on the drivers side bank (closed loop operation) but I don't want to throw another $100+ at it on a hunch.

Fuel pressure is in the middle of the spec range at 62 psi. The Mass Air sensor looks good...i disconnected it for giggles and it threw a code 113. When my Son brought it the exhaust smelled hot like it was running lean. There is no carbon in the tailpipe and its sitting in my driveway. I'm taking it to my mechanic on Monday as it needs state inspection anyway...was just hoping solve the idle issue and save my son a couple of bucks.

Anyone run into this? Help is appreciated.

P.S. Its got 109K on it and is stock...no mods.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-18-2013, 06:20 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (1)
5.0L Error Codes 305, 305 & 1504

Figured it out. When I pulled the head sometime back several of the fuel injector harness clips broke. Looks like the harness pulls back just enough as it heats up to cause the problem. Pushed down on 5 & 6 injector connectors and the problem is solved. Man do I feel silly.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Tubular Intake, GT40 Al Heads, 65MM TB, Buddy Rawls Cam, 190lph Pump, 19lb's w/SCT tune, Scorpion 1.72 Rollers, Sportline Springs, MM Subframe Connectors, Lower Control Arms & Caster Camber Plates, FMS Front & Rear Upper Control Arms, Tokico Blues. 267HP and 322TQ at the wheels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement