Moates vs. Megasquirt PNP - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 06-08-2012, 01:53 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (22)
Moates vs. Megasquirt PNP

I've got a 393w that's NA, I'd like to add nitrous in the future, I've narrowed my tuning options down to these two, I'm having a hard time deciding, I've read good things about both, I'm leaning towards megasquirt since I really want to get rid of the MAF. I also see that support for the Moates seems to be a bit better, tuning is new to me, what are you using and what do you recommend.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-08-2012, 08:31 AM

Trader Feedback: (0)
I was considering both of those as well for my 95 5.0. Either way it will be a learning curve for both of them. I chose, but still saving up, megasquirt or ms. I researched both and found that ms gives you more capabilities than the moates does. It costs more, but I think it is very worth the money. If I were you, I would go onto DIYAUTOTUNE.com and read and reread to get a better understanding of working with ms. I knew about fuel injection systems or fis a little, but the site blew me away as far as what could be done with fis.

post #3 of 5 Old 06-08-2012, 11:24 AM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Also check out the stickies in the ms section. There's a write up explaining everything and I mean everything you need to know, have and do. I'm in the the same boat as you, but every time I keep coming back to ms.

-532 STROKER
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SCJ'S Ported-Edlbrock Intake-1080 Carb-Custom Cam-Motor plates
-Full Team Z Suspention-Coilovers all four corners
-Close Ratio Toploader-Strange 31 spline axles-c clip eliminators-Detroit Tru Trac-4.10s
-Cobra brakes front and back-FR500s front and back with 315 rears
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 06-08-2012, 04:06 PM

Trader Feedback: (30)
Garage
i love the MS! still learning, but so far its awesome! im in the process of adding a shot of nitrous to my supercharger and the plan is to have the MS control it... i like having options.

replaced the 93'ish coupe with a 76 F100, 393, 11.5:1, TEA CNC 205 TW's, custom Hyd Roller, Super Vic, 830 HP, AOD, Edge custom conv., Silverfox SPT-MAC-TB.
post #5 of 5 Old 06-09-2012, 04:05 PM

Trader Feedback: (9)
I can't compare the two but I'm very pleased with megasquirt. I've got a toolbox drawer full of name-brand decals for various parts that are on my car, but my hand-built MS system (1st and only one I've ever assembled too) has literally been the most reliable component of my car so far.

'94 GT, White, Cobra hood & bumper cover, '95R wheels
393w, Vic Jr 60cc, XE282HR, Victor 5.8 EFI, 80# injectors, Hooker LT 1 3/4 to 3", Borla proXS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

T56 w/ AJE xmember, McLeod street twin, MM/Bilstein '03 IRS, JRi Agent47 SLA
Megasquirt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement