ANybody that has moved battery to Trunk (thread moved from 94/95 Engine Tech) - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 05-06-2002, 10:11 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
ANybody that has moved battery to Trunk (thread moved from 94/95 Engine Tech)

Ok i am wiring my battery to the trunk. I got the postive line all routed. I need to know were u guys ran the ground wire to? Also what about the wire that comes off of the original postive cable, it runs to the fuse block in the engine? What u guys do about this? is it needed? thanks alot

00 GT-5sp-Some bolt ons

x2c Coilover kit front and rear
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-07-2002, 08:24 AM

i ran my + wire to were it originaly ran: the power distribution box. i ran the - wire to the engine block.

68 coupe
351W PT-88 E-98
700hp/643tq [email protected]
radials/street driven
post #3 of 5 Old 05-07-2002, 09:21 AM

Trader Feedback: (3)
I am in the process on doing it now, I am going to leave the org ground wire grounded to wire wall as per ATI's instructions. The black cable in the trunk I just bolted to the floor of the trunk. I am also going to leave the org wire red wire in place and just cut the terminal head off, then I will tie into the red cable near the starter with a copper clamp from Home Depot. This way the fuse box gets power and I dont have to take off the starter which is a PITA on a vert cause on the x-brace.

I havent finnished yet. Sound like this should work?

Got 10s? [NA]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 05-07-2002, 10:40 AM Thread Starter

When removing the bolt on the starter it broke off. i guess who ever worked on the car before broke the plastic part and rigged it up. So i got to get a new starter. I grounded mine to the wheel well and i dont think this is a good ground.

I am going to totaly remove the old wires. SO i think i am going to run a wire from the starter to the fusebox and still not sure on a good ground?

Thanks guys

00 GT-5sp-Some bolt ons

x2c Coilover kit front and rear
post #5 of 5 Old 05-07-2002, 11:22 AM

Trader Feedback: (16)
The best ground I found is on the passenger side quad shock plate mount. There is a big bolt that attaches it to the frame. There is a rubber grommet near where the battery will be in the trunk you can run the negative cable through. I used welding cable for all my battery relocations and copper terminal ends that you put on the wire yourself.

My positive comes straight off the starter into the wheelwell above the liner. Then ran it inside the long rocker ground effect, then up through where the ABS sensor runs into the cockpit under the rear seat, then back to the battery. I cutoff the positive terminal cable that used to attach to the battery under the hood and made my own copper lug end to attach to the distribution box to run to the starter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement