Looking for fuse for the cruise control - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 04-16-2002, 04:06 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Looking for fuse for the cruise control

The cruise control on the new car doesn't work and I figured I would start with the fuse. Does anyone know which it is? I went though the fuse layout in the owner's manual and couldn't find which it is. Everything else seems to be working so I am not sure if it is grouped in with other systems like the others or if there is a separate fuse somewhere. Any input is appreciated.

Terry Patton
Sold this one now... 95 5 speed 'vert...now with Fluidyne radiator, Pullies, 65mm TB, Bullet 75MAF, WMS Cold Air Induction w/ K&N, PBR 2 piston caliper brake upgrade.

THE 94 HAS BEEN TOTALED 3/19/02...LONG LIVE THE 95!!!

Used to have a:
94gt Convertible w/AODE (OINK!)
JMS Chip, Romac Balancer, Art Carr modified valve body and some internal upgrades, Borla cat-back, FMS 3.73 gears, FMS "B" springs & Tokico non-adjustables, Hotchkis CC plates

In my garage waitin' for heads...Cobra intake, 1.7RR's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-17-2002, 09:56 AM

Check the clutch switch under the dash. My alum. quadrant (the one that replaces the plastic from the factory) was preventing the clutch switch from opening fully. The clutch switch is what tells the car you've stepped on the clutch and to turn off the cruise control and also allows you to start the car.

Also, check your cable on the TB and make sure it is intact.

Erik
'94 Cobra #2182
post #3 of 6 Old 04-17-2002, 12:01 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Eric, I will check those.

Terry Patton
Sold this one now... 95 5 speed 'vert...now with Fluidyne radiator, Pullies, 65mm TB, Bullet 75MAF, WMS Cold Air Induction w/ K&N, PBR 2 piston caliper brake upgrade.

Used to have a:
JMS Chip, Romac Balancer, Art Carr modified valve body and some internal upgrades, Borla cat-back, FMS 3.73 gears, FMS "B" springs & Tokico non-adjustables, Hotchkis CC plates

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 04-17-2002, 12:03 PM Thread Starter

Wait a second...I think I disconnected the cable when I was working on the car when I first got it. I bet I forgot to reconnect. Thanks for the smack in the head...I needed that.

Terry Patton

Used to have a:

post #5 of 6 Old 04-19-2002, 01:28 PM Thread Starter

Duh, sure enough I forgot to reconnect the cable when I was working on the car...thanks for the heads up Erik

Terry Patton

Used to have a:

post #6 of 6 Old 04-19-2002, 04:16 PM

Haha.. I've done that a few times myself. I've also blown a fuse for the rear tail lights on my 93 GT before. Got real scarry when I was rolling along with cruise control set to 85 and I tapped the breaks and it wouldn't disengage and would speed right back up. After about 20 seconds of screaming "Oh ****!" I finally tapped the clutch and it disengaged the clutch. Didn't even occur to me to just turn it off. Anyway, glad you figured it out and it was a simple "fix".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement