Power Window Switch Problem - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 04-16-2002, 02:08 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Question Power Window Switch Problem

My passenger side window is having a problem that has gotten worse over time. It will go down OK, but won't roll back up. It is hosing up even when I try to raise it with the driver side controls. The other day - it became stuck down completely.

So I ordered a new motor and put it in. And it still was not working.

This needs me to believe I either have a wiring or a switch problem. The driver's switch and the passenger switch will not raise the window.

Any ideas??

If it is a switch problem - where is the best place to get a cheap switch??

Thanks
-Sarah

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 04-16-2002, 02:43 PM

I have a VERY similar problem that I haven't figured out. The passenger side switch will only lower the window. I have to use the driver's side switch to raise it.

Personally, I am just tired of every passenger saying "what's wrong with your window?" and having to explain it. Next person who asks is gonna be walking home.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2000 Dodge Viper RT/10 - TNT 300 shot, VEC2, etc.
post #3 of 15 Old 04-16-2002, 02:51 PM Thread Starter

Hey - be thankful your window will go back up! Mine was stuck and we had to "jump" it back up. That was a pain!

_Sarah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 04-16-2002, 04:02 PM

Trader Feedback: (3)
It's your window motor. I replaced my Passenger side one about 1 year ago and now my drivers side is bad. I have it sitting in my garage waiting to go in. This will fix your problem. Go to www.stangparts.com for a decent price on a used one and shipped to your door in a couple of days.

Chris
Black 2013 GT - 6 Spd - O/R X-Pipe, Barton 2 post bracket, SCT Tuner w/Custom Tune.
Best E/T - Stock - 13.21 @ 111
Best E/T - Modded - 12.70 @ 113
post #5 of 15 Old 04-16-2002, 04:20 PM Thread Starter

Nope - I replaced the motor and it still would not work. Thankfully, they allowed me to return the motor 7 get my money back. The old motor is back in.

My only thought is that the switch or wiring is bad. Since the driver & passenger side controls won't work it - I am afraid it is wiring.

When I "jumped" the window - it went back up.

-S
post #6 of 15 Old 04-16-2002, 04:22 PM

Well, I replaced my window motor on the passenger side and when I did the switch quit working right. It works when it feels like it, but if I roll it up with the drivers side switch it's fine. Just replace the switch then, the same website will have them too.

Chris
Black 2013 GT - 6 Spd - O/R X-Pipe, Barton 2 post bracket, SCT Tuner w/Custom Tune.
post #7 of 15 Old 04-16-2002, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by N20D5OH
Well, I replaced my window motor on the passenger side and when I did the switch quit working right. It works when it feels like it, but if I roll it up with the drivers side switch it's fine. Just replace the switch then, the same website will have them too.
Would that fix mine too? Read my previous post for more info about my problem.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2000 Dodge Viper RT/10 - TNT 300 shot, VEC2, etc.
post #8 of 15 Old 04-16-2002, 05:47 PM

I'm pretty sure Anaconda. That is the same problem I was having but mine seems to have gone away.

Chris
post #9 of 15 Old 04-17-2002, 03:08 PM

Trader Feedback: (2)
Same problem here. Now my drivers window wont even go up!!! And the passenger can only raise their window, I have to lower it! It sucks so bad....I need to know what can be bad...

94 Oxford White GT. 18" Saleen wheels with BFG Drag Radials. Vortech S-Trim, etc. 89 Oxford White Notchback. Chrome Pony Wheels, Full exhaust, Pulleys, yadda yadda yadda, 94 GT Vert (Stockish cruiser)
post #10 of 15 Old 04-17-2002, 09:25 PM

My switches wore out. I replaced them and now it works fine.

Careful now, some 94's have different style window switches than later 94's and on. The actual switches in my car "unplug" from the rest of the switch assembly. Most SN95's have the switches as one assembly. Pull yours out to make sure you're getting the right part.

The part I'm describing is F4ZZ-14529-A. It's about a 1" by .5" by .5" piece with the rocker part on top of that. It has 5 metal contact posts and one plastic locating post on the bottom of it.
Ford's computer didn't list this as the part for my car.. it took a while to find it.

2003 Cobra Coupe
Dark Shadow Grey
"Ever seen how fast a horse runs after it's been bitten by a snake?"

362 RWHP/355 RWTQ SAE corrected. 1000 miles, stock w/o silencer.
401 RWHP/370 RWTQ SAE corrected. 3800 miles, Steeda CAI, Borla Stinger.
post #11 of 15 Old 04-17-2002, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Eric 94 Cobra Coupe
My switches wore out. I replaced them and now it works fine.

Careful now, some 94's have different style window switches than later 94's and on. The actual switches in my car "unplug" from the rest of the switch assembly. Most SN95's have the switches as one assembly. Pull yours out to make sure you're getting the right part.

The part I'm describing is F4ZZ-14529-A. It's about a 1" by .5" by .5" piece with the rocker part on top of that. It has 5 metal contact posts and one plastic locating post on the bottom of it.
Ford's computer didn't list this as the part for my car.. it took a while to find it.
mine are the 5 pin kind, but i know all of mine work, i switched them around. only my passenger can raise his window... it sucks.
post #12 of 15 Old 04-18-2002, 12:50 AM

Trader Feedback: (5)
I had the same problem bro....it's more than likely your switch. I bought mine from Ford...replace it and I'm almost positive it will work...

Quote:
Originally posted by Anaconda
"...your sig sucks..."
post #13 of 15 Old 04-18-2002, 08:21 AM

Trader Feedback: (2)
I think my switch is still good though because when i hit it i can see the alternator needle dip (like its getting power)

94 Oxford White GT. 18" Saleen wheels with BFG Drag Radials. Vortech S-Trim, etc. 89 Oxford White Notchback. Chrome Pony Wheels, Full exhaust, Pulleys, yadda yadda yadda, 94 GT Vert (Stockish cruiser)
post #14 of 15 Old 04-18-2002, 04:23 PM

Trader Feedback: (5)
Quote:
Originally posted by Steeda90GT
I think my switch is still good though because when i hit it i can see the alternator needle dip (like its getting power)
Steeda...sorry I didn't direct my message to anyone in particular, I was mainly trying to get across to the starter of the thread...

Quote:
Originally posted by Anaconda
"...your sig sucks..."
post #15 of 15 Old 04-19-2002, 01:17 AM

I bought my window switches at the dealer. Paid $5 bux each switch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement