MSD Making noise after install - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 04-09-2002, 06:17 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Angry MSD Making noise after install

Check this out guys,

I installed my MSD 6al on my 95GT right, and a blaster 3 coil... but check this out, i cranked her up, and a buzzing sound like interferrance was coming out from my door speakers. It happens with the radio on or off, but anyways they are not connected to my radio right now.. they are just connected to the stock amps which are not active. anyways, after a few seconds the sound just goes away and thats it. the next day it did it also only 2 out of the 3 times i started her. and then yesterday did not happen at all... but today it happened twice out of 3 times... i dont know why..

anyone have this noise problem? if so please let me know of the fix, i don't even know if i am doing damage to my car or not! thanks

Javi

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-09-2002, 10:14 PM

MSD ignitions always cause come sort of interference on the electrical system in the car.Most of the time the only thing we notice is in the speakers.
You say that that the stock amps are connected to the speakers but the amps are not active.Active as they are not connected to the radio or power has been disabled to them?If they are still hooked to power they are picking up some sort of RFI from the MSD and they will amplify that to the speakers.

You are not doing any harm to the car.

Robert

post #3 of 5 Old 04-09-2002, 10:35 PM

MSD sells a RF noise cap to remedy that. Also make sure you got good ground to the box (i.e. engine ground or ground to heads).

BTW, does you unit vibrate/buzz/hum as well? I have a Holley unit and it buzzes/vibrates like crazy (I guess it's not encapsulated like the crane units I think)--but I have zero RF interference.

--Cliff

'95GT: XB[email protected] B50-CP & Eagle forged-331ci, AFR 185s, custom cam, ported RPM2, new fuel, exhaust, MM stuff.
'02 WRX SOLD
'08 Nissan Titan Pro-4X..... '04 SVTF SOLD
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'05 BLM Mustang , #645765, 16 Hands, 1 HP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 04-10-2002, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by cw50
MSD sells a RF noise cap to remedy that. Also make sure you got good ground to the box (i.e. engine ground or ground to heads).

BTW, does you unit vibrate/buzz/hum as well? I have a Holley unit and it buzzes/vibrates like crazy (I guess it's not encapsulated like the crane units I think)--but I have zero RF interference.

--Cliff
How much is this thing and where can I get it? That buzzing and radio noise buggs the helloutame mang.

Thanks.

Deep Forest Green '94 GT Conv.

Perf. intake, GT40X heads, Crower 511 cam...some other trivial bolt-ons.

ET: 13.058 @ 105.28 w/ 1.81 60'
post #5 of 5 Old 04-10-2002, 11:14 AM Thread Starter

Yes, i know about the RF Noise cap thing, but i did not buy it because i called MSD tech and told me that was for interferrance when i was using the radio and such, but its always on. As long as i am doing no harm to the car it does not bother me i can live with it. I am going to try a few more things though to find the problem. i will keep you all updated.

green94gtdroptop you can probably get that from your local speed shop
Sponsored Links
Advertisement