airbag light stays on - how to fix? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 03-15-2002, 12:58 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Question airbag light stays on - how to fix?

Hey,

I was messing around with my fuses one night trying to find the bad one and when I finished, my airbag light was on and it would not go out. Has this ever happened to anyone else? How do I fix it? All I did previous was just take each fuse out one at a time and put it back in. I only messed with the fuses that are under the steering wheel.

Thanks in advance,

Brian

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-15-2002, 11:19 AM

the light will flash a 2-digit code a few times before it stays on. 5 flashes, pause, 2 flashes = code 52.
do a search on this forum, it's been covered a few times.

68 coupe
351W PT-88 E-98
700hp/643tq [email protected]
radials/street driven
post #3 of 4 Old 03-15-2002, 11:25 AM

If you want to keep your Air Bags working, Under the glove box section of the dash you will find a grey plug with two wires, to reset the air bag just turn the ignition switch on then short these two wires together with a jumper, maintain this short until you hear a chirping sound, remove the jumper and turn the ignition off.

Have a good one
Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 03-15-2002, 04:48 PM

Trader Feedback: (6)
Sounds like it may be a code 52 error. Code 52 means "Ford can't design anything electronic, just like Joe always said". Ford likes to call it "Intermittent or Repaired Lost Battery Feed". But, my description is more accurate.

On some Fords (only a few years). The Air Bag controller would throw a code if the battery was replaced or if the fuse was yanked. Hmm, replace a battery or disconnect the battery, and loose your air bags. Yup, Ford sucks at electronics. (The ABS systems come from other companies.)

See my sig for more info.
http://www.veryuseful.com/mustang/te.../airBag95.html

Joe - 86 Mustang GT with ABS!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
M-2300K brakes, Mach1 Springs, D178 rims, and 245/45/17 RE730 tires. Car Pictures: http://www.veryuseful.com/mustang/tech/misc/Mustang1986_with_Mach1_springs/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement