Found Fuel Gremlin - Anyone know the harness? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 03-11-2002, 06:29 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Found Fuel Gremlin - Anyone know the harness?

Well - I finnaly found my intermittent fuel gremlin - The car didnt Start today so I took the Multimeter to it - With the Fuel Harness Unplugged - the Brown wire (FuelPump +) had 9 volts while the rest of the car had 12 - Plugged in it didnt read. I goofed with What I assume is the Fuel Cut-off switch but I think it may have been tampered with (Isnt there supposed to be a pull cord on it?) with no luck. I was stuck at work and after trying to jumper around the connector (No luck) i just ran my jumper wire to my non-switched Amplifier power - Drove home with a wire leading out of the trunk and connected to the fuel pump side of the brown wire.... Anyhow - This is not a permanent solution - 1: Cause I look like a dork with wire coming out of my trunk. and 2: Cause its not switched power - so I have to disconnect it.
Two things that worry me are, Is the pump supposed to have 12 Volts applied to it? and also - I've noticed my pump seems to be louder - Im almost certain its louder now (This is a new 190LPH pump I put in a month ago, when I assumed I had solved this problem)

And The main question! Wheres my problem - anyone know what route the Fuelpump power takes - is this a relay - or perhaps my Cutoff switch? I cant imagine why anyone would need to know this - so I'm guessing im on my own... Any help- I would appreciate.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-11-2002, 06:36 PM

Back left of the trunk is the inertia switch. Might be behind the panel. mine went out at 55kmiles. i took the button off and used a paper clip to connect.
-Mike

post #3 of 5 Old 03-13-2002, 05:39 PM Thread Starter

Well - the problem is up stream of the switch in the trunk (With the round red button) I get 9 Volts with no load and when I connect the Fuel pump it drops to zero - Any ideas!!?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 03-13-2002, 06:53 PM

Maybe the ignition switch is not sending the right signal. My car would not start at all sometimes after about 20 mins of cranking or stall while driving. I replaced the STATOR AND IGNITION MODULE and the problems went away.
I had already replaced the
-fuel pump
-fuel press reg
-CCRM
-ignition coil
post #5 of 5 Old 03-14-2002, 06:45 PM Thread Starter

Does anyone know whats ahead of the switch in the trunk? The next place to look or perhaps which fuse it is - or is there A Fusible link - Does it run of a relay? Anyoneknow much of anything about the fuelpump circuit?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement