Battery Relocation Kit - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 11-22-2004, 05:40 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Battery Relocation Kit

I'd like to relocate my battery to the left rear for weight reasons and to clean up under my hood. But i have a few questions.

1. Is it worth it?
2. Who makes a good kit?
3. How do I do it?

Thanks again for the help

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 11-22-2004, 07:42 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
Do a search there are lot of threads on this topic

88 Coupe: 190lph, 73mm C&L, maf conversion,24lb injectors flowed @ matched, kirbon fpr, subframes,Pro-5.0, stewart water pump, 150 amp. Alt.,Ram chargers fan, battery relocate, Lincoln brakes in rear, 95 cobra up front, full autometer gauges,
post #3 of 6 Old 11-23-2004, 08:39 AM

Trader Feedback: (7)
yeah it really cleans up the engine compartment for sure. I like the taylor aluminum kit and have heard good things about them, but I think all kits are created equal. Just preference about price and such.

1968 Camaro SS
2001 Mustang GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 11-23-2004, 09:43 AM

Trader Feedback: (1)
hmm... all kits are not neccesarily created equal... i will agree to the fact that most of the BOXES are roughly of the same quality, i personally like the composite moroso box as it is 100% sealed and vented through the floorpan into the atmosphere. what will really make or break a kit is the wiring... i suggest this site to anyone considering doing any kind of electrical modifications to their mustang...

www.madelectrical.com

the site is excellent, it has some very insightful and in depth reading on a variety of topics having to do with electrical modifications, why to do them, how to do them, and why you should do them like he describes... the owner marc usually answers the phones and wont think twice about talking with you for an hour if you want about what you're trying to accomplish. his products are top notch and so is his service. i'd check him out before you go to much further...

daily driver - '03 WJ w/2" lift
projects - '95 Lightning, '89 coupe, '80 GSX1100
backup - '97 Mountaineer
post #5 of 6 Old 11-23-2004, 07:41 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
thanks guys...
post #6 of 6 Old 12-02-2004, 11:40 PM

Trader Feedback: (21)
don't bother unless you really have too. it's a pain, and you really have to graound your car eveywhere.. I used the summit brand kit, with like 6 exta cables for grounds from autozone, and got a aluminum box off fleabay cheap....

1984 Capri RS with just a little
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
---306---
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-----------thanks corral..I appreciate your free classifieds.. and thank you to all of our military!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement