1994 - 1998 Battery cutoff switch mounting location - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 02-13-2002, 09:21 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
1994 - 1998 Battery cutoff switch mounting location

About to do the battery relocation thing on the 96 for the aftercooler install. However, i'm debating the battery cutoff switch. It just depends on how strict HRP is on this sort of thing.

My questions are:

Where have you guys mounted your switches in the 94-98 cars?

What switch are you running? From where did you purchase it?

Any tips, tricks, advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 02-13-2002, 09:36 PM
venomsvt95

you know i was thinking about this for when i move my battery to the back. evidently you MUST have a cutoff switch for the track. i really don't want some ugly switch on the back of the car though. two ideas i'm considering:

1) upside down in the license plate mounting area between the two licensce plate lights, if it fits.

2) behind the license plate with spacers on the screws to set the plate outward. remove the plate at the track for access.

other than that all i can see is putting in on the bumper for some fugg head to mess with.

post #3 of 8 Old 02-14-2002, 04:02 PM

I installed mine so that it goes through the license plate. I used a Moroso super duty switch. Ran the wires through the trunk lid much like the wires for the brake light. Used cable shielding (heavy duty) to prevent abraison. I use a screwdriver to remove the switch handle and have a nice anti theft devise. Drilled hole through license plate for post (requires two hole saw blades, one for main body and another smaller diameter) used rubber gaskets from plumbing supply company. Place label with back on at races remove afterwards.

Ron

95GT P600B, 6037's, Cobra intake, 2031 and other stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 02-14-2002, 04:26 PM

i made a bracket and put mine next to my passenger side tailpipe. didn't have to put any unsightly holes in the car. i think the switch is made by taylor.
post #5 of 8 Old 02-14-2002, 08:52 PM Thread Starter

RDSN95GT,

Any pics of the setup? Sounds like how i'd like to do it.

Thanks everyone!
post #6 of 8 Old 02-14-2002, 09:39 PM

Well. I am about to install mine. I will not be running in any regulated classes just for fun so I looked for the best place without being nasty looking and drilling up the car. Inside where the gas filler is, is where mine will go. There is a big hard plastic holder around where the filler neck goes through the car. Open your gas door and look around in there there is plenty of room for the switch to come through.
post #7 of 8 Old 02-15-2002, 10:26 AM

Sorry,

No pictures. I need to get a digital camera. I used a Taylor aluminum box and mounted another solenoid on the side of the box (from an 85 5.0 mustang). That way the main cable running forward is only live when you crank the ignition. I'm not sure where you live, but I plan to go to FFW @ Atlanta (True Street).

Ron

95GT P600B, 6037's, Cobra intake, 2031 and other stuff.
post #8 of 8 Old 02-15-2002, 11:17 AM
venomsvt95

i may be wrong, but for all you guys that are putting them in inconspicuous places like the gass filler area and stuff, i thought it had to be in a readily accessible place.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement