Power Windows Won't Go Up / Down - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 12-17-2003, 12:20 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Power Windows Won't Go Up / Down

My power windows don't go up/down. They are both brand new motors so I'm positive that is not the problem, also, you would hear at least the power going to the motor if it was dead. So, here's what I know so far:

-using a multimeter, we checked to see if power was there. it is getting power.
-checked all fuses, all fuses fine
-power locks still work
-air bag light is stuck on

So from those symptoms, anyone have any ideas how I can fix my windows? Anyone has a schematic? Thanks!

-Jessica

Last edited by sexystang1994; 12-17-2003 at 12:23 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 12-17-2003, 12:25 AM

Have these new motors ever worked?

If not, they are likely installed incorrectly.

These are a pain to reach, but they are not a difficult part to deal with. Perhaps the new motors are the wrong ones?

post #3 of 8 Old 12-17-2003, 12:28 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by 94GTVert
Have these new motors ever worked?

If not, they are likely installed incorrectly.

These are a pain to reach, but they are not a difficult part to deal with. Perhaps the new motors are the wrong ones?
Nope, they were installed correctly and yes it was a pain, but I have small arms so it was easier to get in there . They've been working great for the past 2 months from the install.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 12-17-2003, 12:34 AM

The switch itself is a spot that rainwater just loves to reach. I suspect that my own intermittent passenger side window is due to the switch or the connection at the motor.

I just hit the button over and over and it always comes back online. I gotta fix that...

Good luck. What is your plan?
post #5 of 8 Old 12-17-2003, 01:29 AM

My passenger side didn't want to go up but went down no problem. It was the switch. i poppe out the switch and cleaned it and it still didn't work. then I cleaned the switch on the passenger side and it worked after that. Seams like the driver side switch is dependant on the passenger side one. Then a few weeks later I had the probelm with the drivers side so I cleaned it too and it works fine. What I did is popped out the switch opened it up with a small screw driver and cleaned the metal contact points with q-tips and alcohol. Be sure to bend the metal swtiches back into their origal shape or they might not work. Give it a try takes about 10min.
post #6 of 8 Old 12-17-2003, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ford5p0
What I did is popped out the switch opened it up with a small screw driver and cleaned the metal contact points with q-tips and alcohol. Be sure to bend the metal swtiches back into their origal shape or they might not work. Give it a try takes about 10min.
Thanks. I will try that with mine.
post #7 of 8 Old 12-17-2003, 11:11 AM

Trader Feedback: (13)
Check switches, they are dependant of each other. Meaning if one switch is bad the other switch will not operate the window. New switches are about $40 each.

2010 Shelby GT500, Kona Blue W silver stripes.
2007 Shelby GT500, Vista Blue with Tungston gray stripes, 1 of 119, Wifes car...
94 Cobra Pace car Convertible # 591
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2001 Cobra vert # 2001 SOLD
post #8 of 8 Old 12-17-2003, 03:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by 94CobraPace
Check switches, they are dependant of each other. Meaning if one switch is bad the other switch will not operate the window. New switches are about $40 each.
ok thanks!

also this might have something to do with it as well:
My aftermarket alarm (viper 550) is acting up too. It has the option of "auto start" and it won't start. You can set it up to have windows go "auto down" but I didn't have the installers put the code in. Although, maybe the buttons could have been pressed while my keys were in my purse to set the code? Who knows. This is so frustrating lol!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement