Ignition switch replacement (Moved from 94/95 Tech) - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 08-31-2003, 10:31 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Question Ignition switch replacement (Moved from 94/95 Tech)

Has anyone had any problems with the ign switch located under steering colum. I shut my car down and now the starter wont turn over. No its not seized and i checked the neutral safety switch, replaced starter, and checked connections. I need to check and see if im getting voltage at the starter but i suspect the ign switch. Do these go bad from time to time? Just wondering if anyone has had a similar situation. As soon as i get a break from work im going to check for voltage at the starter.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-31-2003, 12:57 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
I had a problem and addressed it here previously. Search by wazee. I took off the underdash plastic and metal plate. Make sure you have the correct bits. I believe there are two torx bits that hold the ignition switch on. I had to drill out the plastic holes and slid it toward the back of the vehicle and re-bolted. The problem is that you wore out the ignition switch past the point of contact when the key tumbler turns all the way. Kind of like the TPS drill out on a fox. The switch was good as new.I only had to drill and move 1/16-1/8 inch range.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement