finished Battery Relocation and wire hiding - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 06-04-2003, 09:37 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Cool finished Battery Relocation and wire hiding

That was a pain in the a$$ !!!!I had a total of 21 hours into the relocation/addition of cutoff switch and driver side wire hiding. I moved all of the harness and starter solenoid on the drivers side into the fender well along with the headlight harness and remounted the coil. I have to say that it does look much better than it did before.

The car even started the first time I tried to ( Something that my luck usually doesnt permit)

I will see if I can get some pics posted tonight when I get home from work.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 06-04-2003, 10:06 AM

Trader Feedback: (27)
cody, i just did this a few weeks ago and feel your pain. it wasnt a fun job but it was pretty rewarding. i finally got my blower on and engine back together too and everything seems to be running strong. im very happy with it. Dons almost done with his car too, i guess hes just stuck on the upper radiator hose routing. once everyone's done with their spring projects we should all meet up somewhere...

take care,
adam

90 GT black, V2 SI-Trim, Blow-Thru A/A Intercooler
stage 3 "Y" heads/ Bennett Racing intake, TFS#1, long tubes, 3"Pro-Dumps/H-pipe, TKO500, 3.55's, Home made TA and PHB, cobra brakes, 22 gallon Fuel Safe Cell, PMS tuned etc.. built for twisties
post #3 of 9 Old 06-04-2003, 10:12 AM

After relocating, is your battery putting out the same cranking power? Just curious, because after I relocated my battery I had to buy a new (edit: much larger) battery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 06-04-2003, 10:21 AM

I also just finished this "task" and it took me a lot longer than expected as well and I didnt even move the solenoid like you did (however I did install a 3G alt). And its funny when its all said and done and you've put the carpeting back etc etc it really doesnt look like you've done too much at least not to me. All thats different is there is a box in the trunk and a switch. But I'm still very happy with mine and I agree it looks much better. And as you stated, mine also started right up the first time, I couldnt believe it that NEVER happens!!! Congrats though and now we'll have to see if it helps at the track.
post #5 of 9 Old 06-04-2003, 11:00 AM Thread Starter

Adam- Not done quite yet, I still have heads and a cam sitting in the car waiting to be installed, and am waiting on Pro M for their 80mm and cold air kit(long story), so in the short the car runs like @ss with the stock mass air and 30lbers. Then in for a tune, and yes, then we can all meet up!!!
post #6 of 9 Old 06-04-2003, 11:07 AM Thread Starter

Cmclean- As far as I could tell I was getting the same power in the back as the front, I was planning on replacing the battery with a optima red top anyway cause by batt is getting pretty old. I was only able to run the car for a short time though I have to investigate more.
post #7 of 9 Old 06-04-2003, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mustang#2
Cmclean- As far as I could tell I was getting the same power in the back as the front, I was planning on replacing the battery with a optima red top anyway cause by batt is getting pretty old. I was only able to run the car for a short time though I have to investigate more.
You'll probably find that it is going to crank slower, at least a little bit. My battery just wouldn't turn the starter at all, but I am still using 1 guage wire instead of welding cable, which might have been my problem. But I didn't want to deal with re-running the cable, so I bought a bigger battery.

FYI, I have talked to alot of people, and instead of buying the Red Top, I bought the biggest hunk of battey I could find by Duralast.

It's a battery made for a Ford F-350 heavy duty.

This thing is twice as big as my stock battery, and has 1200 cca. I got it for 59.95, and it has a 3 year warranty. Works great and fits in my battery box perfectly.

Granted, it takes the whole thing up....

Last edited by cmclean; 06-04-2003 at 02:27 PM.
post #8 of 9 Old 06-04-2003, 04:05 PM

question?

guys besides the bay looking fresh, did you guys see any inprovement in handeling? thanx
post #9 of 9 Old 06-04-2003, 04:35 PM

Re: question?

Quote:
Originally posted by JON RIO
guys besides the bay looking fresh, did you guys see any inprovement in handeling? thanx
I haven't been able to drive mine enough to tell you.

Tuning issues...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement