DYING 1994 MUSTANGT GT - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 03-23-2003, 07:20 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
DYING 1994 MUSTANGT GT

The situation is I am getting my 94 gt ready for the summer. I was starting it through out the winter and the battery was fine. I went to start it and it started to turn over and then acted as if the battery was dead. I let it go for a week or two then I hooked up the charger to it. let it charge a bit then tried to start it but nothing no lights or any type of power. tried a different battery and had the charger on it then aswell. The only problem with the car could be the starter. I think it was going bad. Could this cut off all power from the car or could it be some thing else? Is there a certain power needed to power up say the radio or would there be a sign of minimal power? PLEASE HELP!!!!

[email protected]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-23-2003, 08:47 PM

Check you ground wire directly infront of the battery. Look for a little green screw. Clean the contact surface and the ring and then screw it back down real tight. The symptoms you are describing sound like a loose ground. Battery good one sec, then not the next.............

Later,
Fred

P.S. also you might here the coil firing (fast clicking noise) but still no start which might make you think the starter is bad, it's probably not.....

post #3 of 3 Old 03-24-2003, 02:47 PM Thread Starter

I got it going the battery was shot thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement