My airbag light is on - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 03-21-2003, 11:21 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (2)
My airbag light is on

I had a cd player installed Wednesday. Now my airbag light keeps coming on? What is wrong? Is this a coinsidence or are the two related?

95 Mustang Gt manual , BBk shorties, subframes, gt40 intake, MSD ignition, tristed wedge heads, 30lb injectors, 65mm tb 3.73 gears, 1.7 rockers
89 auto convertable GT,
3.73 gears, MAC cold air intake, FMS under pulleys,ported GT40P heads , 1.6 crane roller rockers, ported cobra intake, trick flow cam 221/225 .312/.319 w/1.6 rockers .499/.510, fms gt40p headers, 65mm TB, 2400rpm torque converter, subframes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-21-2003, 11:26 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
What code is it flashing? It'll give an audible tone sometimes too. Do a search and you'll find enough info to choke a horse. I don't know how to post links or else i would for you. If you get a code, email me and i'll give you some help.

post #3 of 4 Old 03-22-2003, 12:27 AM

Trader Feedback: (1)
More then likely its a code 52, which is intermitant battery loss..
Just means u lost power to the airbag computer for a while.
This has happend to me several times, and its a very simple 20 second fix. Do a search for code 52 or airbag and u will find a guy that goes by 2birds1stang or somthing like that... he has a very helpfull webpage
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 03-22-2003, 03:19 AM

Trader Feedback: (6)
Quote:
Originally posted by poostang
u will find a guy that goes by 2birds1stang or somthing like that...
Wow, really close. But, my stang comes first.

WhiteGT:
Do you have a digital camera, how about a Polorid(sp?). I WANT A **PICTURE** OF THAT air bag diag clear code connector. REALLY, REALLY, REALLY!

About the airbag light:
Good chance that it's a code 52, see:
http://www.veryuseful.com/mustang/te...95.html#CODE52

Also:

o Diagnostic trouble codes, if present, will begin flashing within 30 seconds after the ignition switch has been turned to RUN. This is the amount of time it takes the air bag diagnostic monitor to perform all tests and verify system faults, if present.

o Diagnostic trouble codes are displayed as a series of flashes and pauses of the air bag indicator. Diagnostic trouble codes are two-digit numbers.

Example: A DTC 32 is displayed as follows:

flash flash flash - (two second pause) -
flash flash - (five second pause)...

flash flash flash - (two second pause) -
flash flash - (five second pause)...

Diagnostic trouble codes are prioritized numerically so that if two or more faults occur at the same time, the diagnostic trouble code with the highest priority will be displayed.

After the DTC is displayed five times, the air bag indicator will illuminate continuously until the ignition switch is cycled.

Joe - 86 Mustang GT with ABS!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
M-2300K brakes, Mach1 Springs, D178 rims, and 245/45/17 RE730 tires. Car Pictures: http://www.veryuseful.com/mustang/tech/misc/Mustang1986_with_Mach1_springs/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement