Dome Light will not shut off - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 03-10-2003, 12:11 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Dome Light will not shut off

Last fall after working on my car i noticed that my dome light was on after starting it back up and it will only shut off if i remove dome light. I had put in my new heads and i remember disconecting my alarm siren and hood switch i am wondering how this would happen and what i can do do fix. Any ideas or suggestions? It is kinda annoying since the car only has 30k original miles and i feel like the car is already rigged up.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 03-10-2003, 12:15 AM Thread Starter

By the way if you didnt see my user name the car is a 1994 Cobra.

Thanks
Rick

post #3 of 11 Old 03-10-2003, 01:25 AM

Not to be a smartass, but is the headlight knob turned to the left? If so, turn it to the right.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 03-10-2003, 02:30 PM
P63

Trader Feedback: (15)
What aaronk said. Turning the headlight knob full ccw turns on the overhead light.

Victor Marshall

Copyright 2019.
May be quoted on the Corral. Not to be otherwise copied or reprinted without permission.

... and the avatar is the UK band The Primitives.
post #5 of 11 Old 03-10-2003, 06:55 PM Thread Starter

I knew that much but thanks anyways guys. I installed all the parts on my car i would hope i knew how the light switch itself worked. Thanks for the vote of confidence and ability.

Thanks
RIck

336CI Billet Internals / Billet 80mm Snail = Daily Driven
Hubcaps and Wheel Covers - WheelCovers.Com
post #6 of 11 Old 03-11-2003, 02:13 PM
P63

Trader Feedback: (15)
It's possible, then, that the light switch doesn't work properly.

Or one of your door-switches isn't working right. It would probably be your passenger door, because if your driver-door switch wasn't working then you'd hear an alarm.

Victor Marshall

Copyright 2019.
May be quoted on the Corral. Not to be otherwise copied or reprinted without permission.

... and the avatar is the UK band The Primitives.
post #7 of 11 Old 03-11-2003, 07:08 PM

Re: Dome Light will not shut off. Please Help

Quote:
Originally posted by 1994Snake
Last fall after working on my car i noticed that my dome light was on after starting it back up and it will only shut off if i remove dome light. I had put in my new heads and i remember disconecting my alarm siren and hood switch i am wondering how this would happen and what i can do do fix. Any ideas or suggestions? It is kinda annoying since the car only has 30k original miles and i feel like the car is already rigged up.
I got a problem /w mine too, it dosent work right..

sometimes it go's on and off, some times when i exit the car, the light wont stay on for 30 seconds, sometimes it dose.. sometimes when i pull up the door handle the light goes on like it should, sometimes it dosent.. it allways works right when i open the door, just the other functions are wacked..

anyone have any ideas?
post #8 of 11 Old 03-12-2003, 08:38 PM

everything but the dome light work right???
post #9 of 11 Old 03-12-2003, 08:40 PM Thread Starter

Otherwise everything works perfect.

Otherwise everything works perfect.

336CI Billet Internals / Billet 80mm Snail = Daily Driven
Hubcaps and Wheel Covers - WheelCovers.Com
post #10 of 11 Old 03-12-2003, 09:31 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
ditto

Mine does this too, and the only thing that I have noticed is that if I don't unpug my radar detector or christmas lights (see avatar) before I turn the car off, the light will stay on until I unplug them and flip the key to run then off again, then it turns off.
(((I am not sure of this correlation, however, because occasionally the light still won't come on correctly when I disarm the car and open the door)))

1994snake, please dont feel like those people didnt have confidence in you, sometimes it is when you are the one who knows what you are talking about that you overlook the obvious, and I think that they just wanted to make sure you eliminated that.

Does anyone have a definite fix or cause of this? also, to those others with this problem, do you have anything (like christmas lights or radar detector) that keeps on when you turn the car off? maybe if you guys do too, then I can turn my theory into "scientific fact"

Matt Freeman '95 GT T-5, ... email mayo302 (at) gmail.com
post #11 of 11 Old 03-15-2003, 12:49 AM

dome light

after deinstalling some crappy car alarm that went off every 10 seconds after i bought my 94 gt ,every time i would put the car in gear it would turn on but not when it was in park , does any body have a clue ? I took a hammer to the alarm after doing an oil change , with it going off 3 times in five minutes under the car , i think i disconnected all the wires thanks for any help , dome lights are highly underated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement