1999 Mustang Electrical issue/failure - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 04-16-2019, 04:13 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
1999 Mustang Electrical issue/failure

Hey I am new to the forum. I recently purchased this 99 Mustang (65K original miles) and it has been running pretty good until I swapped out the headlights. The previous owner had led's and the lenses were all crapped up, so I replaced them with the Halo-LED with the standard bulb. I am not sure if this is what is causing the issue but while driving the fuel cut off at idle and I thought it was a fuel pump. Mechanic said Fuel pump was fine.

Two days later I get in the car, completely dead. I jump start it and drive a couple of miles and I lose fuel to the engine again. Luckily it started again but a few miles later ALL power shut down while driving. No hazards, nothing! I jiggled the positive terminal and it started again. Definitely an electrical issue, not sure if the new bulbs are causing a draw issue with some kind of relay (I am not an electric guy).

Has anybody ever experienced this? Also could a dead battery in the key fob cause this (causing the factory alarm to engage)? I brought the car back to the shop and then realized this and put fresh batteries in the fob and left it with him. I would really hope this is the issue, but I would rather explore every option than get stuck in the middle of a highway again.

Thanks! Any helpful replies would be great.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-17-2019, 02:09 PM

Trader Feedback: (3)
You have an intermittent open in the car

Unless you can reproduce it, will be fun to find

89 GT gr-40, KB2200(10psi), tweecer R/T,LC-1, 22gal cell, w/tailpipes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement