Interchangable interior harnesses for Fox's - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 09-17-2017, 08:22 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Garage
Interchangable interior harnesses for Fox's

Does anyone know which years are interchangeable when replacing the door harnesses and the "door to door" harness? I have a 92' LX convertible that I'm assuming is a late 92' build because it doesn't have switches in the rear seat area for the quarter windows.
When I bought the car I assumed that the door locks weren't working due to bad actuators and the rear passenger side quarter window didn't work due to a bad motor; those were bad assumptions. I found a half installed hack job of an alarm under the rear seat and the door harnesses seem to have taken the brunt of a piss poor attempt at installing this crappy alarm. I'm not getting power to the passenger side quarter window plug (I do get it at the switch) and the power is doing all sorts of wacky things at the door lock actuator plugs (new actuators were in deed needed, but they still don't work properly).

Rather than trying to trace every wire and track down every splice this dope made, I'd like to just start fresh with a set of new door harnesses and possibly the door to door harness, but I don't want to set myself backward even more by getting harnesses that won't work with my car. I know most of the harnesses in this car have to come from a 92 or 93, but does that go for the door harnesses as well?

Any help with wiring diagrams would be MUCH appreciated also.

2010 GT500 - 1992 LX Convertible - 2013 Ecoboost F150
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-18-2017, 02:21 AM

Trader Feedback: (3)
evtm
bbb industries
mitchel
alldata
have diagrams

89 GT gr-40, KB2200(10psi), tweecer R/T,LC-1, 22gal cell, w/tailpipes.
post #3 of 4 Old 09-19-2017, 04:51 AM

Trader Feedback: (18)
I have the wiring manual for '93 and in the component location pics it does show a couple connectors where the door harnesses usually plug in as being convertible only but I'm not familiar with them. As far as I know most hardtop door harnesses are the same so I think the extra plug is to control the 2 extra windows. If you could use any of the diagrams or location pics, lmk & i can email them to you.

93 Alloy Metallic Coupe In Progress

306, Fully Ported Twisted Wedges, Holley Systemax, Comp Cam Pro Mags & Custom Grind, PA Racing Tubular K, MM A Arms, MM Coilovers, Tokico D Specs, Cobra Brakes & Black Bullitts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 09-22-2017, 08:19 AM

Trader Feedback: (5)
All door harnesses plug in and separate from the main harness.

I would absolutely operate with the guise of at least 90-93, and if you can find 92/93 grade harnesses that's the way to go.

My very late 93 is hard to find harnesses for.. April of 93 might as well be a 94.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement