Location for safety cut-off switch - battery relocation - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 02-05-2003, 04:21 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (13)
IBMOP!

I'm just about ready to install my battery relocation kit, and need to figure out where I'm gonna install the safety cut-off switch. I really don't want to cut up my bumper, and since I'm going for a "sleeper" look, I don't really want it to be in a blatantly obvious place. Where can I put this thing that will be out of the way, but still stay track legal? Or is this possible at all?

Jeff

[Insert funny line here]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 02-05-2003, 04:38 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Cut off switch. The license plate stand offs are stainless steel, and are from www.mcmaster.com.

The Fauxstang. Dynacorn 67 fastback. Dart SHP 363, Close ratio Magnum 6 speed, 3.70 Eaton Truetrac in a fabricated full floater 9", SorT coil over suspension. Still in pieces.
post #3 of 10 Old 02-05-2003, 04:40 PM

I saw one guy (don't rememeber who) who had installed the switch square in the center of where the license plate is. Then he installed 1 1/2 or 2 inch standoffs, and bolted the license plate to that. From the rear you couldn't see the switch at all, and it was not obvious that something had changed.

When he wanted to go to the track, he would simply remove the license plate...

Just an idea...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 02-05-2003, 08:39 PM

Trader Feedback: (6)
Mine goes through the plate but it kinda blends with the numbers and if your not looking you won't see it. (leave the red sticker off)

-Mike

89 Notchback: Under the knife.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A4 349 Stroker, Eagle 5.315" rods, Ross Custom pistons, Novi 2000, Victor 5.0, AFR 205, 60's, Aeromotive sumped tank & A-1000 fuel system, Probe SMR, Custom Cam, PA K-member, Mac Long tubes and cat back, Turbo Coupe rear disks out back Lincoln brakes up front. MegaSquirtin'

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 10 Old 02-05-2003, 10:55 PM Thread Starter

These are great ideas, but I'm wondering how difficult it will be to implement them on an SN95 car. Since the license plate mounts to the decklid (which moves a great deal when you open the trunk), I'd have to figure out some way to route the cables with a lot of slack in them and route them along the hinges or something. Anyone have any ideas in this regard?

Jeff

[Insert funny line here]
post #6 of 10 Old 02-05-2003, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by OnceBitten
These are great ideas, but I'm wondering how difficult it will be to implement them on an SN95 car. Since the license plate mounts to the decklid (which moves a great deal when you open the trunk), I'd have to figure out some way to route the cables with a lot of slack in them and route them along the hinges or something. Anyone have any ideas in this regard?

Ouch, didn't catch that one... SN95 huh...

I had a 96 vert, but I really don't think I ever looked at it in quite that way... Don't think I can help any there, you definately don't want that thing to be moving..

What about mounted in the bumper facing up? Dunno.. guest guessing at this point..
post #7 of 10 Old 02-05-2003, 11:46 PM

Mine is behind the plate. I use a fold down license plate bracket off an early 80s Caprice, spaced out about 1 1/2 ".

Ray
92 coupe
TFS stage 2 twisted wedge Heads.TFS track heat intake.Ultradyne Cam.#24 inj.190 lph fuel pump.70mm TB.75mm MAF.1 3/4 Long Tubes.hpipe.Flowmasters.1.6 roller rockers.C4 reverse pattern.3000 stall.3.73.electric fan. eibach springs.battery relocation.3g Alt.MSD 6AL.Autometer Phantom Guages.99 Brakes.95 Rear End.93 Cobra brake booster.99 Cobra Wheels.Eaton Posi.Moser 31 Spline Axles.GP CC Plates.Diamond Clears
Originally posted by TBG

I wont die alone..Im taking people with me.
post #8 of 10 Old 02-06-2003, 12:24 AM

Trader Feedback: (9)
Yep, mine is behind the plate too. You could do it on your car, just when you route the wiring into the truck you'll have to run it sideways along the decklid, then down the side and then into the trunk. Just takes some extra wiring is all. Think of how the underhood light is setup.

1984 Coupe - Proline Dart 327ci, compound turbos, 9", minitubs, cage, T-top coupe project car
1993 Coupe - Coyote project
2005 Duramax - Daily driver
post #9 of 10 Old 02-06-2003, 12:32 AM

Black SN95 in MMFF has it integrated in pass side tail light lense.

--Mike K.
[email protected] W/ old, tired motor.
Current setup: A big hairdryer and supporting mods. Spetter tuned.
post #10 of 10 Old 02-06-2003, 09:24 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Mikes88Stang
Black SN95 in MMFF has it integrated in pass side tail light lense.
I also don't want it to be in plain sight, since this is still a street car, and a kill switch would be a pretty obvious way for a criminal to bypass my alarm. I really like the idea of hiding it behind the license plate, but as buffhomer noted, it's going to take a bit more creativity on the SN95 decklid (and some extra cable).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement