1983 digital clock wiring - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 06-16-2017, 06:13 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
1983 digital clock wiring

The clock has four wires going to it, brown, blue/white, black, and white/purple.

What wires can I hook up to test it?

There is no display at all. I thought it might have something to do with the radio since they messed up my wiring when they installed an aftermarket radio. I have most of that figured out and a real Ford AM/FM cassette to install once I figure out how the amp figures into the wiring I have left.

There didn't seem to be any common wires between the console and the radio but a bit of a tangle between the message center and the clock. Message center works so I want to test the clock.

How to test would be good to know if I have to replace it with others I find at flea markets and such.

Its a 1983 GLX Convertible that I have from the original owner and has 70,000+miles on it.

Thank you,
Justin

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-17-2017, 04:41 PM

Trader Feedback: (18)
Here's the wiring diagram for it. Looks like Black is ground, Blue/White is 12v, Brown is illumination/dimmer & I'm not too sure about the white. Hope this helps

Attached Images
File Type: gif 83 clock.gif (25.2 KB, 4 views)

93 Alloy Metallic Coupe In Progress

306, Fully Ported Twisted Wedges, Holley Systemax, Comp Cam Pro Mags & Custom Grind, PA Racing Tubular K, MM A Arms, MM Coilovers, Tokico D Specs, Cobra Brakes & Black Bullitts
post #3 of 5 Old 06-18-2017, 08:48 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Thank you for this. I tried to test it by supplying 12V+ to any and all combinations of the three tabs that connected to power sources while leaving 12v- to the ground tab. Not a flicker of light to be seen on the display. It's a one owner car that I have known since day one and the clock and other components are cleaner than any replacements I have seen on eBay.

The hunt is on!

Justin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 06-18-2017, 12:16 PM

Trader Feedback: (3)
try power to all three at the same time

89 GT gr-40, KB2200(10psi), tweecer R/T,LC-1, 22gal cell, w/tailpipes.
post #5 of 5 Old 06-18-2017, 02:06 PM

Trader Feedback: (5)
So the factory deck you have is a digital display ?
You will need 12 + , with key on , 12 + key off for the memory , ground , and 12+ for the lights /dimmer.
Key on can be acc. Or start position .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement