Battery draw - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 03-23-2017, 11:55 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Battery draw

I just bought a 1993 GT convertible. Previous owner said that is was "hard to start sometimes". I gave the battery (relatively new) a full charge and had no problems until I let is sit for a few days. Tried to start it after sitting a while and it would not start. battery dead. put a jump start and it kicked right over. I believe something is draining the battery. Any ideas on what is a "usual" cause of a battery drain. Nothing apparent leap out.

thanks Al

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-24-2017, 02:50 PM

Trader Feedback: (2)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Mc View Post
I just bought a 1993 GT convertible. Previous owner said that is was "hard to start sometimes". I gave the battery (relatively new) a full charge and had no problems until I let is sit for a few days. Tried to start it after sitting a while and it would not start. battery dead. put a jump start and it kicked right over. I believe something is draining the battery. Any ideas on what is a "usual" cause of a battery drain. Nothing apparent leap out.

thanks Al
Can be almost anything.

Read this

Testing battery and charging system

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
89 LX. 363, single turbo, Super Vic EFI, TFS high port heads by TEA, solid roller, glide. Holley HP EFI. (exact combo varies)
post #3 of 3 Old 03-26-2017, 11:16 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Battery Draw

I know its a wild long shot, could be a dozen things, but thought maybe there were USUAL culprits.

Thanks for the link. VERY HELPFUL.

Al
Sponsored Links
Advertisement