High Beam on 2005 - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 02-19-2017, 09:34 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
High Beam on 2005

I could use some help guys/gals. My future DIL has a 2005 mustang,v6 convertible. She let the car sit while sick, battery went dead. She replaced the battery and now the bright headlights will not work. She has low beams, no high beams. Now I am 50 miles from her and we are trying to trouble shoot over the phone. According to her, losing the high beams and battery replacement all coincide. I dont understand that, but thats what she says.
She pulled fuse and it looked good
I had her swap relays under the hood to see if that was problem, that did not work.
Per her description she took apart the column and pulled the turn signal/headlight hi/lo beam switch and it looked good.
I had her disconnect positive side of battery for 30 mins to let computer reset....made no difference.
Tomorrow she is taking to auto part store and buy new bulbs to see if that fixes it. Maybe the both went out at one time?

My Son is off at Boot Camp and obviously he cant help. Anyone have ideas for me to check? Keep in mind I have never been in this car so I am not familiar with the quirks they may have.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-27-2017, 11:01 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Does she get the high beam indicator light in the gauge cluster when she turns the high beam on? How long did it sit? Was it garaged or outside in the elements?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement