Motorcraft 3G Alternator & Fan Controller - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 01-28-2017, 05:24 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Motorcraft 3G Alternator & Fan Controller

Hey guys. I'm running a pretty much stock '93 GT. I'm doing the Contour fan swap and need help with a few things. First, is the DCC wait time still crazy? I want the variable speed control, I want it to run on high when the A/C is turned on, I want the thermostat housing temperature sensor, and I really want the soft start feature. If anyone has a comparable solution, I'm all ears. Also, I was wondering if anyone knows the part number(s) for Motorcraft alternators that work for the 3G upgrade. Thanks, in advance, for everyone's help.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 01-28-2017, 08:51 PM

Trader Feedback: (3)
fan controller has been done thoroughly

search

3g, just ask the part counter for a 94-94 mustang alt.

if you have a PWM controller for collant temp, why not for a/c?

having the fan on full, is not ideal for a/c function

89 GT gr-40, KB2200(10psi), tweecer R/T,LC-1, 22gal cell, w/tailpipes.
post #3 of 7 Old 01-29-2017, 02:36 AM Thread Starter

I am the equivalent of Helen Keller when it comes to electrical. I thought running the fans at high speed when A/C is on is the preferred method. If no bueno, then I obviously don't want to do that. I know the controllers have been reviewed/discussed to the moon and back, but this brings us back to my self-proclaimed lack of understanding electrical. I guess what I'm really asking for is the best wiring setup for my application from someone with more knowledge and experience than myself, while expressing some features I would like/thought useful. As for asking for a specific Motorcraft part #, it's because I do online shopping with rebates/cash back, and my OCD/eccentric a** has all Motorcraft starting/charging components. Sorry for not clarifying/sounding uneducated in OP.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 01-29-2017, 10:51 AM

the best setup, is letting the computer control the fans.

For a '93, you will need a tuning device to activate that feature, there is a writeup on efituning site.

If you are not good with electrical, I am hesitant to give advice, I do not want to be liable

I can tell you what to do, but I will not spoon feed with wire colors or circuit numbers

When attempting these types of mods on your own, you need a good wiring diagram, not something off the net.
and understanding of circuit design.

Some fans can draw up 125amps on startup,,,,,,

that is some serious current

post #5 of 7 Old 01-29-2017, 12:07 PM Thread Starter

I have access to a very competent person who bids industrial electrical jobs for a reputable company in St. Louis, so spoon feeding is probably not necessary and I don't want to make someone do that. I think I'm looking more for component/set-up advice. In all my research, I've never come across anyone just using what that car's CPU is already capable of. Seems a lot more intelligent. Obviously, the 3G upgrade is still a must as I already have an aftermarket stereo. Also, a tuner is probably just a good investment.
post #6 of 7 Old 01-29-2017, 12:16 PM Thread Starter

This Fox is my dream car. I spent 6 years(2004-2010) of my youth deploying to Iraq, which left zero time for wrenching on things. I am very mechanically inclined, but don't have a lot of trigger time. Obviously, the easy route is to drop my car off at STL Mustangs and pay them(experienced people) to mod my car, but I really want to be able to say, "I did it."
post #7 of 7 Old 01-29-2017, 12:36 PM

look under reference

EFIDynoTuning

Sponsored Links
Advertisement