1994 Mustang GT Electrical Problem - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 01-14-2003, 06:05 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
1994 Mustang GT Electrical Problem

I have a 94GT and today was driving it, after putting a new radio in yesterday. The car has an alarm on it. All of a sudden the radio stops playing music to the speakers so i'm thinking a fuse, then there is some smoke coming into the car near the floor area. I pull over the smoke doesnt continue, it was just a little bit of light smoke. so i start driving back and the radio shuts off. The check the radio, and the ignition is working, but the 12v constant is out. The clock in the clock pod is out. The doors will only lock when the car is actually started. but they will not unlock, if i try to unlock them with the car is on, then the guage cluster illumination will stay on for as long as I hold the button. The power mirrors are out. any ideas? i've checked basically every fuse in the car, except i dont know about the metal style fuses. I figure the amp in the radio might have burned out, which would explain smoke. I've installed 30 or 40 cd players and have never had a problem before. the mach460 is no longer in the car, no amps, wiring, or speakers. The alarm works but will not lock or unlock the doors. it can still open the trunk and shut it off when it is set off. any ideas? please help.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Bookmarks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode