Interval wiper issue - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 07-23-2016, 06:28 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Interval wiper issue

My wipers and interval wipers work but I currently only have one speed with the intervals. If I turn the dial the wipers will stop until I return it to the minimum position. The module clicks and it appears to be working. The car is an 86 and I'm thinking it's the actual wiper switch on the column and not the module. I'm trying to get some advice and or people's thoughts on the issue. I have had it all apart and I've been up and down all the wiring and it's all legit. I'm hoping I missed something small or maybe the switch just needs to be cleaned some where I may have missed.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-24-2016, 10:23 AM

Trader Feedback: (3)
looking at wiring is the first step, now you actually have to start measuring, but in order for that info to be helpful

you need to know the circuit design, and what to expect when properly working, so if you get a different result you have direction to the problem.

what wiring diagram are you using??

89 GT gr-40, KB2200(10psi), tweecer R/T,LC-1, 22gal cell, w/tailpipes.
post #3 of 3 Old 07-24-2016, 05:27 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
The wipers work on high, low and the intervals work but only on the slowest setting. As soon as I turn the dial on the intervals to increase the speed, they stop working until I turn the dial back to the slowest setting. They resume normal function after that. The module is functioning. That switch is pretty crappy looking. I haven't been able to really locate a good diagram. I think the switch is shorting when the dial is turned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement