Holley EFI power wire with battery disconnect? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 07-13-2016, 09:22 AM Thread Starter
Corral Elite Member

Trader Feedback: (87)
Garage
Holley EFI power wire with battery disconnect?

I'm in the process of installing my Holley HP EFI on my 93 Coupe. My battery is relocated to the trunk and uses the required battery disconnect switch.

My question concerns the main power feed to the Holley ECU. Holley insists that the power feed connects directly to the battery. To be legal it needs to be on the switched side of the disconnect switch and can't be on the battery side. My concern is if this could be a problem for the ECU if the disconnect is flipped off. Obviously, in a real emergency the ECU would not be my main concern. There are other times such as tech inspections where the switch needs to be flipped off to test the system or something like that.

Will the sudden disconnect of power cause any problems with the ECU?

How is everyone else running their power to the ECU with a battery disconnect in place?

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

One day the same people that doubt your dream will tell people how they met you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-13-2016, 02:51 PM

Trader Feedback: (13)
Garage
I would think if your battery cables are routed to provide power to the rest of the car similar to how Ford does it, then your ignition turn on would be enough. As long as the battery cut off cuts power to the ignition turn on, then the car should shut off but the Holley ECU would still be powered directly by the battery.

My cut off kills the field to the alternator, and my positive battery cable runs to the starter solenoid to power everything else, which is also where the ignition switch etc. would be powered by.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement