Hello, SO FRUSTRATED
my turn signal lights worked then i took out my dash while i redid my car. Now my turn signal lights don't work. my hazards do however. Also when i turn my rear defroster on i blow the fuse. i am getting power to the orange and yellow wire on the multi function m/f switch. i bought a m/f switch and borrowed two of my friends m/f switches and it still isn't working. i jumped the orange and yellow wire to other wires on that switch and they work that way. The only thing i did is i spliced the hazard switch wires because they popped out of my other hazard switch but all of the wires match up. i checked all the wires at the back of the m/f switch and they are secure. the flashers work too as i tested them.
I've also done this check list below and everything worked and it says i should get a new switch, but as i previously mentioned it tested three switches. ANY SUGGESTIONS!!
1. Check fuse 5 (15A) (OK=next, NOK=replace fuse or tracing to power distribution point would be required if voltage is not present) if you don't have the fuse box layout use this one.
2. Check 12v at turn signal flasher (Pnk/Org wire) (OK=next, NOK=trace wire and fix open)
3. Do the same at for the Lt Blue wire @flash
er (OK=next, NOK=replace flasher)
4. Check 12v in the Lt Blu wire @hazard
switch connector(OK=next, NOK=trace wire and fix open)
5. Check 12v in the Org/Yel wire @hazard
switch connector (OK=next, NOK=replace hazard switch)
6. Do the same check for the same wire @the m-f switch connector (OK=next, NOK=trace wire and fix open)
7. Check 12v in the Lt Grn/Org wire @the m-f switch w/m-f switch left turn-signal position.(OK=trace wires going to the turn lamps/indicator, NOK=replace m-f switch)