Cleaning Up Engine Bay Wiring - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 06-11-2016, 11:41 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (7)
Cleaning Up Engine Bay Wiring

I have a 1995 GT. I'd like to switch to an aftermarket EFI system, like FiTech EFI or one of Holley's systems. Which motivates me to clean up the engine bay wiring:

1. I'd like to remove the OEM engine-specific wiring harnesses, like wiring for the injectors, the distributor, IAC, MAF, etc. All of it that I can.

2. I'd like to keep the car-specific wiring harnesses, like for the starter, alternator, CCRM, engine fan, ABS, headlights, etc.

I am not confident the two wiring systems are 100% independent, particularly as so much of the wiring goes behind the fenders and other hidden areas. In some cases they seem to intertwine each other's housing, which suggests that I may need to unpack some housing to separate them.

I have all the electrical schematics for the car, but I can't find a roadmap for the harnesses themselves. How do so many of you clean up your wiring so neatly? Getting rid of what you don't want while keeping the rest fully functional?

Damn its killing me.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-12-2016, 07:47 PM

Trader Feedback: (3)
pull the harness out, follow the diagram, and remove what you don't want,,,,,,,,,

but I have to say, what a waste, going with one of those systems............going backwards.......

89 GT gr-40, KB2200(10psi), tweecer R/T,LC-1, 22gal cell, w/tailpipes.
post #3 of 3 Old 06-13-2016, 07:16 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by indy2000 View Post
but I have to say, what a waste, going with one of those systems............going backwards.......
Believe me, long story.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement